We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

struggling with GBP a la cartes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
852 posts
Save Topic
struggling with GBP a la cartes

Hi, I have 5 a la cartes to book between 23rd Dec to 2nd of Jan. I believe xmas eve & xmas day are out of the question as same food served in all restaurants? Is new yrs eve & new yrs day the same too? Also I cannot find a definitive list anywhere of all of the a la cartes with descriptions of the type of food they serve. There are lots of threads on a la cartes but I cannot quite find what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: struggling with GBP a la cartes

Here is a great list with some sample menus (from TOP QUESTIONS)

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k5982…

Level Contributor
93 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: struggling with GBP a la cartes

We are going to be at GBP Coba from Dec. 24th - Jan. 7th. I have many of the same questions. I have looked at the link posted above and read through everything on there/looked at the pictures but I still don't feel like I have a really good feel for ALL of the restaurants. I've been to the Palladium several times and there is an incredibly massive amount of information on the web for there but I'm really working hard to find as much as I can for the GBP resorts. I'm curious how many Ala carte reservations we get with a 2 week stay. Which restaurants would you recommend? Also, which holiday meals count as reservations? Thanks!

Newcastle upon...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: struggling with GBP a la cartes

This is a great help, thank you.

Edited: 4:27 am, December 10, 2013
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
852 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: struggling with GBP a la cartes

I have e-mailed the hotel to ask which night it is that all of the restaurants serve Christmas dinner and received the following reply:

"Unfortunately we are not able to give you this information because we do not have yet the information, you can contact us a few days before your arrival (4 o 5 days) and surely we will have it for you, as I understand à la carte restaurants are closed the 24th for the Gala Dinner and 25th are work regularly."

I assume this means that I can book an a la carte on Christmas night?

Does anyone know if the same goes for New Yrs Eve/New Yrs day?

5. Re: struggling with GBP a la cartes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 12, 2014