We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

Are there any pictures of the new waterpark? Thanks.

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g499445-i9177-k6995…

Look at post #3. Courtesy of AnnonCapeCod.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

I am going to make some tomorrow. The slides are taller than usually at the resorts, it looks like they planned two areas - for the older kids and teens and for the toddlers. The upper age limit is 16teen, and surprisingly so far there is no lower age limit - the kids till 3 have to be accompanied by the parents. There is a full time supervisor on the top of the tall slide complex where older kids would go without the parents.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

I got these today.

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-…

https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-…

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

Thanks Ann, makes it easier for me:) See that blue barrel on a top of one of the slides? It fills by the water and when it full, it turns over and damps all the water on an area below of it, so funny - when kids are not expecting it!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

I wondered what tha tblue barrel was. When I was there three weeks ago I thought it was left there accidentally! LOL

Olga I also got pics of the new Travel Club lobby so if anyone asks I can post those. Have a great trip.

maple
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

Hi Which Grand Palladium is the water park located at? im travelling with 2 small kids

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,145 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

It's at the main pool on Colonial. It is most convenient to Colonial/Kantenah. Kids club is also there.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

Thanks Olga and Ann - I have booked Barcelo Maya Tropical for end of Feb but am having second thoughts as I'm very unhappy that they've built a dolphin pool there. Going with my mother-in-law, hubby and 10 year old son - definitely want to have lots of good kids activities. Do like the fact that Palladium has unlimited/no reservations for dinner. Can either of you tell me what the beach at the Palladium is like - rocky or not? Can you go for beach walks?

Edited: 10:40 am, November 29, 2013
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

The beach there has everything. They have a really nice area as well as an area with small rock and sea grass that can be used for snorkeling. You can take walks on the beach but not crazy long ones. The main beach area is very nice in front of the pool at Col/Ken.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
5,788 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pictures - New Waterpark at Grand Palladium

Sorry - should have been a bit more specific - can you at least walk 30 minutes "roundtrip"?