We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
41,214 posts
Save Topic
Airport Transportation

Thought I would start a new thread on Transportation from the airport

Some facts

- Shared transfers as part of your package are great but will always take longer due to waiting for others to clear customs and get their luggage. Akumal is the last set of resorts so travel time is therefore longer

- Direct transfers means you share your van with others (so some extra wait/load time) but the van goes directly to your resort

- Private transfer - only your group direct to your hotel/resort - also allows a short stop to get drinks - longer shopping stops are at an extra cost - you must prebook these and cannot add extra people without notifying them ahead of time

- ADO buses are cheap (110-120 pesos) will take you into Playa or Cancun.

- Colectivo from the airport - not available

- Taxis (only one company called Yellow Transfers) - no need to prebook

- Airport website: This is the fake website - do not use it (http://www.cancun-airport.com/index.htm) - The real one is http://www.asur.com.mx/

- Paying is done online (US$) or paying in cash (US$) - you must pay for a round trip up front. Most will accept pesos as well and should use the official exchange rate

- It is easy finding your 'greeter' with their company shirts - they may have your name on a sign / maybe not - they will check your paperwork and then call in your vehicle - should take 5 minutes - don't forget to tip him/her - usually 20 pesos is appropriate

- Tipping your transfer driver - usually 100 -150 pesos each way - extra if more of you, they help you / stop at a store - buy the driver a drink

- Airplane gets delayed - all these companies monitor flight arrivals so they know of delays

- All of these companies offer excursion / van rentals

- If the transfer company wants to meet you at your resort to confirm your departure DONT - it is only an excuse for them to sell you tours

The following are the more popular trusted ones (in alpha order) - please add others - I have quoted prices in US$ for 3 people to Akumal. Infants that sit on your laps usually do not count. I hope I have posted correct info but pipe in if not. Each company has their loyal followers and some may have newer vehicles than others

AGI TRANSFERS

- Cost is $90 one way / $170 round trip

- website is http://agitours.com/

BEST DAY TRANSFERS

- Cost is $171 one way / $320 round trip

- Shared transfers also available but are still more $ than most of the private transfers

- website is http://www.bestday.com/Transfers/Cancun/

CANADA TRANSFERS

- Also known as Comfort Transfers

- cost is $65 one way / $117 round trip

- website is http://www.canadatransfers.com/

- Extras include Cnd funds at par with US$, free water/cold facecloths, pre-order beers & pop, also sunscreen and other items may be pre-ordered

CARM TRANSFERS

- Also known as Cancun and Rriviera Maya transfers

- cost is $85 one way / $155 round trip (3-5) - under 3 people is cheaper

- website is http://www.cancunandrivieramaya.com/

- Extras include pre-order beers & pop,

DREAM DAYS TRANSFERS

- Limos and High End Vehicles

- cost is $154 one way / $298 round trip (up to 7)

- website is dreamdays.com/cancun-airport-transfers/index…

- Extras include free beer. Extra $ for Champagne, tequila, chocolates, flowers

LOMAS TRANSFERS

- cost is $115 one way / $188 round trip (for up to 6)

- website is http://www.lomas-travel.com/transfers/

- Extras include limos and higher end vehicles ($)

YELLOW TRANSFERS

- The official / only taxi company at the airport - no reservation needed

- cost is $124 one way / $220 round trip

- website is http://www.yellowtransfers.com/en/

USA TRANSFERS

- Also known as Entertainment Plus Transfers

- cost is $80 one way / $130 round trip

- website is http://www.usa-transfers.com/

- Extras include Cnd funds at par with US$, pre-order sunscreen and other items

108 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
27,716 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Airport Transportation

Also check out this list. Lomas is one that may have a large vehicle. Others can certainly take you using more than one typical van.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150807-i8-k726312…

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: Airport Transportation

Thank you Vancouversundog for your comprehensive list of transport/transfer options. My wife and I are going to Tulum at the end of this month. We are looking for a safe and affordable private transfer. I have looked into USA transfers,cancunandrivieramaya(CARM) transfers, and Canada Transfers. They all seem to be in the $130-150 price range for roundtrip. Any suggestions on which one would be better? I do like the fact that Canada will have $1 Coronas waiting on you. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Airport Transportation

I know you asked the OP, but we have used USA Transfers for several years now so I can vouch for their reliabilitly, friendliness, and safety. Hope you have a great trip.

Hannibal, Missouri...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Airport Transportation

I have seen your posts on Loco Gringo. Thanks for the information. Been wanting to try Canada Transfers and think we will after reading your post. Do you have any personal experience with them and if so what is your opinion of them. Thank you for your review, Birney (Wolves15 on Loco Gringo)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,214 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Airport Transportation

My wife and friends swear by them now - I actually talked to Canada Transfers as they were just starting up and I was skeptical (ex USA Transfer staff - new vehicles)

My wife did a Canada Transfer herself and instead of a large mercedes van which they use for large groups , she had a high end new SUV

When I arrive, I usually get a car rental

Will likely use them for my Isla trip in November though

Edited: 9:29 pm, June 16, 2014
Hannibal, Missouri...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Airport Transportation

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually booked USA Transfer as they were excellent last year but still would like to try Canada sometime. That was an outstanding and very informative pos,t hope to talk to you again sometime.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,214 posts
Save Reply
47. Re: Airport Transportation

Hope you have a great trip

I try not to give my personal opinions (like many others) but give you the facts / choices

You can read them and make up your mind what you want

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Airport Transportation

We used Cancun Valet in May and they were really good. On time at the airport with a notice.

I will be using them again for our first trip to Akumal in February.

I agree with some other, I never meet up with the Tour Operator Reps as they only want to flog you something and sometimes it can last nearly 2 hours! No thanks. If I need you, ill come and find you.

Perth and Kinross...
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Airport Transportation

Another vote for Canada Transfers, so easy to deal with. All emails answered quickly and nothing is a problem, this year they picked us up in the usual van then supplied us with the requested beer, sun screen and mobile phone sims. To arrange pick up we emailed them in the evening a couple of nights before and got a reply in 15 minutes and the driver was there promptly as arranged. Turns out we have now used them enough to be vip and the suburban was a definite upgrade in comfort.

Perfect stress free start and end to the holiday, for price and service we don't even consider shopping around.

Barry.

Whitewater...
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Airport Transportation

I used Canada Transfers as well and it was great! Would use them again for sure! They were out front waiting for the two of us. We are from the US so don't let the name CanadaTransfers scare you away from booking. They transport anyone ;). They took our luggage and brought us to our waiting van. Our pre-ordered coronas were there and we were on our way to Dreams Puerto Adventuras. They were there to pick us up as well at the pre-arranged time. Clean and safe!

Reply to: Airport Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted