We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriage certificate??? Is need?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Portugal
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Marriage certificate??? Is need?

´M going to Bahia Principe Akumal in my honeymoon; I’m getting married in 23 July and the trip is in 24 July; do I need to take a copy of marriage certificate to give in the reception of the hotel to do my check in? Maybe I don’t have enough time to take a copy. Do a simply certificate signed by the conservator saying that I and my husband get married on that day is enough?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriage certificate??? Is need?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Usually you have to either show the original or a photocop of your marriage certificate to get the "perks" for honeymooners. E-mail the resort, they will tell you what you need to know.

Concord, North...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriage certificate??? Is need?

Yes take your marriage certificate. Sometimes they ask for it at the airport for security reason's If your name has changed.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
43,815 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriage certificate??? Is need?

The marriage certifiate is usually required by the airlines--unless your passport and travel documents already show your married name. The airlines require it because you can be denied entry into Mexico without it. In other words, your name must be the same on passport, tickets, etc--or the marriage certificate is needed to show why the difference in names.

4. Re: Marriage certificate??? Is need?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 16, 2009