We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Oasis Tulum Gym????

Does anyone know if there is a usable gym at the Tulum Oasis (not the Grand Tulum Oasis)???

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

Hey I noticed nobody replied to you yet. People are slow to respond about this particular resort. Not sure why :-). I am heading down soon. From what I have read up on so far, you will need a black coloured wristband to get into a lot of the restaurants. I imagine it could be the same for the gym? I might suggest emailing the hotel chain in advance to find out. They don't seem to mind contact at all, and given how much they have paid attention to tripadvisor, they likely will get back to you pretty fast.

Hope it helps if it means a lot to you. Also consider the long walk to Tulum. We are considering doing it (45 mins to an hour on the sand - great excercize) your planning is going well!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

I looked on the Oasis website and it says there is a gym with no charge. The spa has a charge.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
3,357 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

About 3 years ago it was a small room with a couple of machines. Not what I would call a gym

Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

Thanks for all the replies!!!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,845 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

quote: Hope it helps if it means a lot to you. Also consider the long walk to Tulum. We are considering doing it (45 mins to an hour on the sand - great excercize) your planning is going well!

Straightup is talking about the walk north to Akumal Bay

Tulum is 6 hours south (walking)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
89 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

Good thing I mentioned this!

So, no go on walking to Tulum, there is a 1 hour walk to Akumal Bay? I usually just flow with it, so this isn't that much of a disappointment :).

Anyone have info on the walk from Oasis to Akumal bay? Doesn't seem as interesting as Tulum, so maybe I simply cab it into town a few times :)....

VancouverSunDog, you are awesome by the way! You live down there or travel a lot? :-)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,845 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

Thanks guys

I get down there a few times a year

Akumal is a great place to explore

The walk is long, good footware needed to cross the sharp rocks (iron shore), bring lots of water, but all the villas along the shore and a few hotels / condos are very interesting

Try my golf cart tour of Akumal / Yal - Ku / Half Moon Bay

cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

Yes it's open 7-7

Edited: 3:27 pm, October 16, 2013
cheshire
Level Contributor
454 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

My bad I thought it was Gbp tulum

10. Re: Oasis Tulum Gym????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 18, 2014