We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Palladium Kanntenah

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Hi, we are off in two and a half weeks - does anyone know what if any coffee facilities are in the room? Also, we are a family with two teenagers - where would be the best place to request a room?

Many thanks,

P.S. One last question - does anyone know what the Thomson film list is for august?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

What kind of room did you book? If a standard request either bldg 46 or 47 with two double beds. Jr suites are in 48-51.

Small coffee pot in the room with coffee enclosed in a filter. Also tea bags. Try and make a sunset and get an excellent coffee/cappuccino at the Colonial beach bar. Punta Emilia has champage at the beach bar early (sef serve)

Have fun.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Not sure what room type, have booked two rooms but they were on offer so not sure of the type standard I guess. Fab, my hubby likes lots of coffee do you think I should take extra coffee and filters?

First time in Mexico, really looking forward to it - thanks :)

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Being a big coffee drinker I would not use the coffee pot in the room at all - the coffee you can make is very generic and nothing special - when the awesome espressos and cappuccinos are available at the multiple bars around the resort, it really worth walking there! As Ann said, the Punta Emilia bar on the beach is open 24/7 and they always make the excellent coffee - and at the Hemingway bar - or any other bars or restaurants around the resort. Coffee is very good in Mexico when it is done at the bars.

They will replace the coffee packets and the filers in the room when the ones you get are used, but we do not even use 1...

U.S.
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Not to hijack... but, it sounds like Ann is an expert!

Can anyone tell me which buildings the full suites are in at the Riviera Section?

And, will they be renovated into more upscale suites, with a much higher price.

Like the suites in the Kentanah and Colonial Sections?

I am looking for a one-bedroom suite here in Mexico, that won't break the bank!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

May be Ann knows otherwise and will correct me later, but as far as I know,. Suites (two rooms units) are located at every building at the Riviera or White Sand sections - they are the corner rooms with two balconies and the rooms in between them are junior suites. At the Colonial or Kantenah the suites are different and there are fewer of them. At the Riviera there are 6 Suites and 30 Junior Suites per villa so actually there are many suites although they are getting booked fast as they are probably the most affordable two room units in Riviera Maya (I am not sure about it but the price difference here in Canada is not that big between the Junior suites and suites).

Edited: 10:47 pm, July 16, 2013
U.S.
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Thank you so much!

We are now considering giving up on a two-room suite, as the Kentenah Section seems to be a much better area for us in many ways. I believe the teen club is there. It may be the main area for teens and any teen activities... The new rooms look much nicer!

Can I ask one more question...

Again, kind of highjacking the thread... sorry!!!

Can anyone confirm if the spa area is available to all guest.

Or is it only for those who have scheduled services in the spa?

Edited: 6:04 pm, July 17, 2013
Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

@Wishingonastar - when are you going? They are going to start to charge for using the spa at some point this Fall unless you book a treatment or staying at the Royal - Ann or people from the palladiumaddicts would know the dates, Right now the spa area is still available free of charge to all guest.

Also re. accomodation - there is not a big saving in booking suite versus two separate rooms and it provides much better sleeping conditions for everyone - the sofa bed in the living room is really not that good for the older kids, may be only for the very young ones.

Edited: 6:57 pm, July 17, 2013
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

All of the resorts have two room suites. In Colonial and Kantenah there are a few on the third floors of the Jr suite buildings. Some of the suites in Kantenah are designated for Travel Club guests.

Olga is correct. As of now the spa is planning to start charging $10 pp per day effective Nov 1 I think. This is common in the area. Many spas charge $25 per day. If you are in Royal or purchase a service there is no charge.

I love coffee and do make coffee in the room. Coffee at the beach bars is much better (Colonial & WS early for the sunrise) I brought some individual half n half thingies last time. If you run out of coffee leave an empty bag with a note for mas coffee.

I am happy to answer anything. (Just as an aside I do not belong to the PA site mentioned as prefer to be independent.) I have been to the RM 20x and to P Jamaica. My daughter has also been to P PV and Ibiza 2x. When traveling with teens I think I would prefer two rooms for two bathrooms vs a suite! LOL

Edited: 7:16 pm, July 17, 2013
U.S.
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

Thank you SO much.....

The expert!!!!

We are now looking at Kentenah, in a Jr. Suite...

I just couldn't get excited about what I was seeing and reading on the Riviera.

And, trying to keep the price moderate... The Suites in the refurbished sections, like Kentenah, are now priced WAY higher, as more deluxe suites.

We have been to the Royal Sands ( thru my inlaws timeshare), and could get a one bedroom condo there. But, again, I am beginning to see how much more Grand Palladium has to offer, at a similar price!

Edited: 10:32 am, July 18, 2013
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
10,571 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about Palladium Kanntenah

You probably know the Jr suites in Kantenah are in one room with either two double beds or a king and a pull out sofa. The new pull out sofa is much nicer than they had previously. Jr suites on K are in bldgs. 48-51.