We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bungalows at Akumal?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Colorado
10 posts
Save Topic
bungalows at Akumal?

Has anyone ever stayed here or know anything about them? they seem to be affordable but from some websites i've looked at I can't tell if it's right on the beach...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bungalows at Akumal?

What bungalows? I just stayed there in Dec for 9 days and there are a ton of places right on the beach. Are you talking about the Akumal beach resort?

Colorado
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bungalows at Akumal?

thanks for your reply. i found it on akumal-vacation-villas.com and it looked interesting. My boyfriend and i are interested in the slower pace and quietness of riviera maya/akumal/tulum area. Where would you suggest we stay? All inclusive or no reason for that? we are definately on a budget.

Thank you so much!

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bungalows at Akumal?

No AI needed in paridise : ) Akumal is so quiet and peaceful. You have a constant breeze off from the water that keeps you cool and airs out your place at night. Tulum is the same and has beautiful water with some waves, but Akumal has good snorkeling and nice water as well. Akumal is a beach lined with condos and small hotels, only 1 or 2 higher than 3 stories, but you don't really notice them as it is all palm tree lined. We stayed at the Vista del mar condos which is right in the middle of the bay, so you don't see any other lodging from your huge balcony save one out on the point. It's like you are almost alone when you are in your condo. The one we stayed in had a kitchen becuase my wife likes to cook, and it was about $110 a night including tax. They do have hotels though that are almost next door for around half that and they are very clean and well run. All have balconies that overlook Half moon bay. God I miss it!!!! We stayed there for 9 nights and went to Cozumel for 5, but I wish i would have stayed there the entire time. You can walk the streets with no worries and it is so quiet and full of wonderful fragrent flowery smells. Great restaurants and you must go to La Buena Vida. it is right on the water and you can watch the moonrise from a palapa covered table feet from the water, or sit at the bar on the huge swings. Akumal is exspensive though. What is the range of your budget? Hope this is helping and it's not just me being nostalgic (sp) . : )

Mentioned in this post
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
La Buena Vida
La Buena Vida
3,479 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Colorado
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bungalows at Akumal?

Thank you so much sillybilly!

I appreciate your response. We will be staying at Hotel Akumal Caribe, in the bungalows. We got a great rate. We are so looking forward to our trip, the last week of April. You mentioned the restaurant that you'd recommend and we will definately try it. i'm sure we'll love it as much as you. Besides that one, are the other options around there for good meals? Or are they mostly little beach bars with food available?

thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Akumal Caribe
Hotel Akumal Caribe
475 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Bend, OR
Level Contributor
899 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bungalows at Akumal?

Thee are a bunch of places to eat, and no not all are even on the beach. Check out this website for your local in reference to other places:

info-akumal.com/Akumal_Mexico/akumal_map.htm

Turtle bay cafe has great breakfast. You must try the breakfast burrito, but the heurvos(sp) are great as well.

La lunita is pretty good, but a beautiful setting outside and incredible service. It is a little more upscale. I friend I made in Akumal said that Que Honda is great, and I had read that elsewhere as well. I know you will have a great time! Enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Turtle Bay Bakery & Cafe
Turtle Bay Bakery & Cafe
1,780 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
La Lunita
La Lunita
827 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Akumal
Akumal
Riviera Maya, Mexico