We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Hi, we are off to the GP on the 26th July and have been reading about people hiring golf buggys at Akumal Beach. This is something that sounds appealing can somebody explain a bit more please such as how much and where to hire them from? Do we need to pre book and can myself my husband and my 8 year old all use the one buggy? Maybe a suggested route to take on the golf buggy also would be great. We went snorkelling on a tour last time we were in Mexico and regretted not just heading to Akumal ourselves in a taxi as the people on the beach looked to be doing very well on their own rather than being tied to a party and at least on our own we can spend a day here? Sorry for my ignorance but I don't play golf so have no idea what I'm letting myself in for.

38 replies to this topic
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Here is SunDog's 5 star Golf Cart excursion to Akumal

Take a taxi /colectivo to Akumal

By the white arches, rent a golf cart for 4 hrs ($20) / $20 deposit - fits 4 / reservations maybe required if during the busy seasons / email Hotel Akumal Caribe hotel

get directions and head to Yal-Ku lagoon for snorkelling $11us (in the morning between 830 - 11 am )

motor back to La Buena Vida (LBV ) for lunch / refreshments - walk the beach - snorkel in Half Moon Bay if calm - see all the coatis come out by LBV

head back to Akumal for more snorkeling / food / refreshments - hire a snorkel guide from the dive shop if you want to find the best with limited time

Snorkel maps, photos, and much more over in the Akumal Top Questions

Ashford, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Thanks so much, that sounds like a fun filled day to me. Can't wait :-)

Chicago Burb
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

I can't wait to do SunDog's 5 star Golf Cart excursion to Akumal!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

If you want to see where the golf carts are, use the google street view

www.tinyurl.com/akumalgoogle

Reserving golf carts - try the Mexicarte facebook site at

http://www.sac-be.com/mexicarte.shtml

or at

http://www.akumalguide.com/

You cannot take the golf cart over to the Pueblo (overpass) or to ABR - just from Akumal to Half Moon Bay / Yal-Ku and back

You will save a few more bucks for a weekly rental (seems to fluctuate depending on the busy/quiet season - always good to barter

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Ohhh - if you tried this rental tour, please add your feedback here please

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Some additional info from DeepFreezeResident (thanks)

His review is

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g499445-d15…

I wrote a review but should have mentioned that they do not accept credit cards at Yal-ku. It is run in such a business-like way that I was surprised. Prices in U.S. dollars: Adult entry $14; Snorkel and mask rental $5; fins $5; lifejacket $5; bottle of water $1.50; beer $2.65. Official taxi rate from Akumal beach to Yal-ku: 100 pesos.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

I just received an email reply from Akumalguide even though I emailed Akumal Club Caribe.

The message says that they cannot accept reservations via email for 1/2 day but only in person will they make such reservations for $20

They do accept via email the full day reservation and using pay pal for $40

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
283 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

What are your thoughts if you have a rental car? Do you need a golf cart for the great experience? or is driving from Yal Kul to Half Moon Bay a better option? Does is cost to park at each place? Is it easy to park at each place? Staying in Akumal the last few days, just trying to figure it all out. ;-)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Akumal has 50 peso parking per day - no where else

Golf carts are a hoot for a day or so

I rent cars all the time unless I am on Isla

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
283 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal

Great thanks. Yes, we will have a car. $5 sounds good. Once we park to snorkel w the turtles, do we then try to rent a golf cart to go to Yal Ku or Half Moon Bay. I am just trying to figure out the set up. I know it's $20 for a half day and $40 for a full day.

Reply to: Golf Buggy Hire Akumal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted