We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lakeshore/Wisconsin
Level Contributor
492 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Overall we had a great time at the resort & I am in the process of getting a trip report together. I have been a little too lax & didn't do one for either of my past 2 trips to Jamaica (1 of which was to the Bahia in Jamaica) but that is so easy to do when the real world takes over. I read the reviews religiously before departing & it is time for me to start contributing again.

We used Canada Transfers for our private transfer to the resort & would certainly use them again.

If you have any questions fire away. I will help w/whatever info I have. It must have been a great vacay...got back to work & couldn't remember my password to get on to the system. Haha!!!

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Hi! Great info! I do have a couple more questions:

We will be at GBP Coba next week and did you happen to see the rates for massages or use of the spa facilities (steam room, etc)?

Were there any places that made fresh juices?

We are considering renting a car from the ariport, but if we do not, do you know the taxi rates to Akumal or Playa del Carmen? Is there a car or scooter rental place near the resort?

Thanks so much!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Great photo of spa prices from Rob

flickr.com/photos/…

All the buffets have fresh juices

taxis to PDC - 35 pesos - colectivo pp / 350 pesos for a taxi

Akumal - under 150 pesos by Taxi

Car rental - yes (from Playa or Tulum) . No one rents scooters / too dangerous on the big hwy

Salt Lake City,Ut
Level Contributor
209 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

How early did you send in your room requests?

Camdenton, Missouri
Level Contributor
31 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

UtSunlover: So far a I had read, 7 to 10 days...getting almost time to do that... have you decised which ala cartes you want? I know we like the sushi selection in the Coba's buffet, Mikado is a must and the rest should be all good kind of depends on all of our general likes. :)(:

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,843 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Sometimes your travel agents don't send in your name / details until 2 weeks prior

Thus we recommend you wait until 7-10 days

I just bumped the popular alacarte review thread (hint - all over in Top Questions)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Can you please tell me how much was your transfer? For roundtrip? Also, did you go to the club (or discotegue) at the resort? Were there a lot of young people during the time of your visit?

Thanks a lot!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

How much was the roundtrip to/from airport?

Thanks!

Indianapolis
11 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Can you please explain the ten minute walk to the beach? Are the buildings that far away? Also, are all three properties right with each other?

Indianapolis
11 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Can you please explain the ten minute walk to the beach? Are the buildings that far away? Also, are all three properties right with each other?

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Just back from Bahia Coba....any questions feel free to ask

Hi! I would like to know if you tried the a la carte restaurants? Did you have any troubles having a table? Also, do you still have the email adress you used to email the hotel for room preferences?

Thank you! Heading there mid-may and very excited!! :)