We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

Can anyone do a comparison of these 2 resorts? I can get Palace for $200 less...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,908 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

Anyone?

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

There are 5 parts at the Grand Palladium - which one are you pricing out?

In general, Playacar Palace is asmall resort located in the town - Playa Del Carmen. The beach is not secluded more people passing by, no palms on the beach, limited shade. The food was reported to be good.

The Grand Palladium resort is a big complex of 5 resorts (4 family 1 adult only) located on a secluded bay close to Akumal, no outsiders passing by only the people staying there. The beach is mixed rocks/sand, snorkeling right off the resort's beach. Lots of facilities, sports, activities, spa, live music in the evenings everywhere. Lots of palapas and palms, good shade availability. Good food.

3. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:37 pm, March 22, 2013
4. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:44 pm, March 08, 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

I have been to both. I liked the Grand Palladium but LOVED Playacar palace. If you can get that for less TAKE IT. Better liquor, better food, better rooms, the service at pp is outstanding. The GP was ok but we didn't see the same person twice except for our room attendant.

And PP is right of 5th in town, plus you have coz palace or any of the other 3 in Cancun to visit if you so wish.

Hands down I would pick playa palace. I wanted to go in April but it was sold out so I went with Moon palace and I will just have to visit for the day to get my playa fix in. 44 days!!!!!!

Either way it's a vacation at a great place :)

Happy travels

6. Re: Palladium vs Playacar Palace?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 06, 2014