We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May akumal weather

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jenison, Michigan
9 posts
May akumal weather

What kind of weather would you expect for akumal beach in may?

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
38,052 posts
1. Re: May akumal weather

I go every May - guess why

end of the windy cold winter

before the wet hurricane season

the best

Weather averages over in top questions

windsor
Level Contributor
277 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: May akumal weather

that's great to hear Vancouver, we are also going in May, my favorite time to travel...what is the rain like in mid-may? Humidity doesn't bother me nor does a little rain but I am hoping that we don't see any major rainstorms that last all day...is this a regular occurrence in May??

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
330 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: May akumal weather

I guess I must bring the clouds with me. One two seperate occasions (one last year in early May the other in late May) there were heavy clouds ~70% of the time. Some times it would rain, other times it would just be overcast. Not a fan of either on my "SUNNY BEACH" vacation. (impacts underwater visibility) So...That's why I'm going in April this time.

I guess you just gotta roll the dice, ya know.

Edited: 10:33 am, February 23, 2013
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
38,052 posts
4. Re: May akumal weather

This is a tropical area so storms can roll in and stay a few days

Normally you get a short burst of rain

Last May for the 1st 2 weeks, fantastic weather - next 2 weeks not great

Not the norm though

Perth and Kinross...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
5. Re: May akumal weather

Did the last two weeks of may last year and it was mixed but still had a wonderful holiday, trying the first two weeks in may this time so fingers crossed. Either way it's going to be way better than home.

Southern California
Level Contributor
10,721 posts
1 review
6. Re: May akumal weather

May is a great month, nice and hot but with a sea breeze near the ocean, longest period of rain I remember there was about 30 minutes, we missed the first half hour of Happy Hour at Lol-Ha and the electric went out (but came back on quickly due to the generator) and when we got to Lol-Ha the blenders were whirring away like mad. Have a wonderful trip, going back myself then.

Perth and Kinross...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1 review
7. Re: May akumal weather

We had more than 30 minutes of rain a few times last year but as I say still had a great time but I get the impression the weather was a bit bizarre for the end of May.

Redding, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: May akumal weather

We have gone for cinco de mayo and our wedding anniversary (the 9th) for the last 2 yrs and going this year again, haven't had a bad day yet...it is a great time to go!

9. Re: May akumal weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014