We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

Hey guys and gals,

My girlfriend and I are coming to Coba for a week starting on the 23rd of Feb. I would love to get 18 holes in. Unfortunatly like most couples my girlfriend hates the sport which means I would be going on my own(unless any other husband/boyfriend is in the same boat as me and wants to play). Can anyone give me a heads up what to expect as far as rentals, cart fees, green fees, tee times etc etc etc. Any tips would be awesome.

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,033 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

just bumped a thread for you - unknown what the latest costs are

tripadvisor.com/…47383756

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

We are here now golfed yesterday. It was an amazing course I was alone and they put me with another very nice person we had a great time. The price is 80.00 for the cart fee it is well worth it. Have fun and hit them straight.

Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

Thanks guys. Pretty sure im going to book a tee time once im there.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,033 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

I put all the prices (and what's included for drinks / food in the other post as well

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

Ryan,

I suggest you go to the clubhouse to book your tee time and check the rates. Prices seem to vary quite a bit at this course. It almost seems to change on a weekly basis.

I played there a week in July and again in December. This was interesting.....We paid $45 usd a piece twilight rate as a Bahia Guest. Went back down the week of Christmas and they gave me a deal for $65 usd, let me play as a single, and I was a non-Bahia guest. This was all during high/high season. I've read reviews since Christmas where people have paid a LOT more than that to play.

This course is soooooooooo awesome I was prepared to pay more to get to play it again at Christmas and was shocked to get such a good deal. If you are a golf fanatic like me, you are going to want to play it more than once!!!!!! Take a bunch of balls and your glove....that will save you a good deal of money. I lost about 7 balls on my last round there. The man behind me who kept shooting in to me for the first 9 holes said he lost 15!!!!!!!

Edited: 5:57 pm, February 19, 2013
Thunder Bay
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

Awesome tips guys!. I will bring my own balls and gloves forsure. I am a fanatic so maybe I will go play twice. Cnt see me puttiing up any low scores seeing there's been snow here since Oct and I have to rent clubs. But I'm sure it will be awesome. Thanks again...

7. Re: Golfing at Grand Bahia Principe Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 21, 2014