We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Ok so I have been researching the Palladium Royal Jr suites for our December vacation. I ran across a few reviews who warn that

the cats are rampant in the eating areas, can anyone tell me if this is true?

I just got back from Cozumel Iberastar where they had penned up their cats in the enclosed buffet. I am an animal lover, but prefere

not to share my table/chairs or food with them. cats are about the nastiest thing as far as deseases.

Please tell me this awsome looking resort is not harboring cats in the eatting areas!

ontario
Level Contributor
600 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Just got back from 2 weeks vacation there on Feb 4th.We saw the same cat outside theColonial buffet approx every other morning.We saw another in the Colonial lobby ,another near the White Sand lobby and one outside the Riviera lobby.They were not a problem and were in good health

There are many other creatures such as racoons that you might see in rather large groups in the evenings near food areas

All animals are in the wild although very tame

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Thanks, were the inside buffets and alacarts food areas free of cats? A few critters are fine... I just dont want them at my table eating with me like the Iberostar.

baltimore
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

I have been to the Palladim mnay times and I have never seen a cat inside the enclosed food areas. I have seen one once in a while when eatting at the open air beach restuarant.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
356 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Inside? No cats. there were a few cats that hung around outside at El Jardin. They kinda just sat there. Weren't in your face or jumping on tables.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Thank you all for the answers, after reading a few reviews, I really needed some answers before I booked.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

same as above i think we saw about 3 cats in 2 weeks not bothering anyone just lying on the grass relaxing, the cats not me. Saw lots of other wildlife at the resort but none near the food areas with the exception of the outside buffet at the colonial which attracted some birds but they could be avoided and you could always eat indoors if it bothers you.

you'll love the palladium

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

Lots of cats on the El Jardin outdoor terrace, we just opted to eat inside! Raccoons could be a tad irksome at Punta Emilia (the outdoor a la carte) but we coped.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

i'll second that about the raccoons at punta emilia although we dont have them in the uk so it was a bit of a novelty

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

there are 5 or 6 kitties at el jardin outdoor patio but not botherson. they won't jump up on your lap or anything...... they love lobster lol. i wasn't bothered by them in the least....... you will love royal suites though. it's my favorite place on earth

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palladium - cats in the eating areas?

We had coatis at the Princess down on the beach by the hamburger grill area, they were so cute, but only bothered you if you fed them. Iquanas at the Occidental Grand that were cute in their own way. Oh and an Amazon Parrot at the Iberostar Cozumel that was absolutely adorable.

I am glad to hear the cats arent so bad as being in the inside the enclosed buffets.