We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

A lot has changed at the Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an, so I thought I would update the Tips and Hints post.

Rob

Paris, France
Level Contributor
173 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
261. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Ooops, sorry Sandy! I see now you signed your post, silly me :)

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
262. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Im staying at Sian Kaan for my Honeymoon mid-november and have a couple questions that i havent been able to really find answers for.

In regards to the penthouse suite jacuzzi, how is it? This is what made Sian Kaan stick out to me and I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint as I am looking forward to enjoying a cigar and some champagne out in the jacuzzi at night.

If I am hoping for a decent in room wifi connection, which villa should I request?

Lastly, from what I gather many people bring Bubba Kegs with them. I'm assuming all the resort bars have no issues just making drinks directly in them?

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
263. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Penthouses are very nice, with lounges, chairs, and a table along with the jacuzzi. Things to consider is that the roof deck for two rooms are connected, and your Jacuzzi is only a few feet away from theirs with only a slat fence in between. Many people weave towels through the slats to increase privacy. As well, if you have pool facing room you will see many other penthouses as they are above the treeline, so privacy is reduced. Also note that entire bottles are chargeable items, so you may have to pay for the privilege.

Wi-fi in your room is hit and miss, and it even depends on if you are jungle facing or pool facing, with pool facing generally more successful. We stayed in Villa 6 with good success, while our friends in Villa 7 had very poor service. I can't speak for the other Villas.

No issues with Bubba Kegs. I use them exclusively around the pool and beach.

Rob

London, Canada
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
264. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Hi calhounhusker

We were there in June and are returning in January. We had and will again have a penthouse suite. We really enjoyed having it, although we had a fair bit of rain and didn't use the Jacuzzi. Although there is a fair bit of privacy, I noticed people would just grab a couple of towels and weave it through the rail part of the divider. I found the balcony to be quite large. It had 2 lounge chairs, plus a concrete ledge and then a table and two chairs. Plenty of room. If you ask ahead of time, you might be able to get a room with a slight ocean view, although it is a fair distance away. It just depends on what you like. We were close to the lobby and liked that. It is quiet after 11pm.

We were in villa 4 and wifi was sketchy but you are right by the lobby which has wifi. It might have just been the way my tablet acts though.

We brought bubba kegs and although I used mine primarily for water, since we had good service with the drinks, they had no problem filling it when asked. We really like the place and hopefully, you will too.

Haha Rob beat me too it! :-)

Edited: 5:37 pm, October 22, 2013
toronto
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
265. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Due to leave in just under 3 weeks and would like to send in a room request

Have booked a Jr. Suite and thinking that a pool view room in the villas around the quiet pool 3rd floor would be nice

I understand these villas are all Jr. Suites and the 3rd floor rooms have a rooftop deck but no tub

Can anyone provide further input advice or villa number recommendations

Thanks to all in advance

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
965 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
266. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

No rooftop deck (those are only for the penthouses), but the 3rd floor junior suites do have a nice balcony. Here is a picture of one of the junior suite villas where you can see the balcony.

www.flickr.com/photos/strathcorob/6632091087/

toronto
Level Contributor
225 posts
1 review
Save Reply
267. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Thanks for the response. Would you consider these villas a better choice for privacy or should we remain with the main complex. Also I note that on the resort websitE the référence to delux suites has been removed and they have been reclassed as a Jr suuite and the previous Jr Suite I guess has been renamed a superior Jr Suite so now Im not sure what type of room we booked. An interesting marketing ploy but not great when you are doing research. Any advice as to what we should request location wise now?

Many thanks for your assistance

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
268. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Thanks Rob and Luvs! Much appreciated.

Iowa
Level Contributor
33 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
269. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Hey all!

Thank you so much for the wealth of information!!! Was hoping for a little advice! We arrive on the 19th, so 3 weeks prior (Monday) I emailed Claudia at the email mentioned in this post and Brisa at the "info" email that has been listed for her in the past. Brisa's was immediately returned to me and I've come to realize that someone else is now in her position (I'm shocked that the email doesn't appear to be working at all - you'd think they would keep it open!). However, it is now Friday morning and I haven't heard anything back from Claudia. How long does it typically take to get a response? I don't want to be a pest, but definitely want to get my ducks in a row before we arrive! Thanks in advance for any help!

Tara :o)

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
65 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
270. Re: Updated Tips and Hints for the GBP Sian Ka'an

Hello. We are arriving this Sunday. I have been communicating with Claudia and when I asked a question the other day, I received a reply that she is out of the office until Nov. 1. So I'm guessing you'll hear from her shortly. She's such a sweetie and I'm sure she'll take great care of you!