We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new hampshire
Level Contributor
693 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

we are thinking of going away for a week but do not want to spend 2 hours to and from the airport what are the distances from the airport to the resort: Oasis Tulum, Allegro Playacar and Grand Bahia Principe Coba thank you for your help

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

Allegro Playacar....45 minutes (allowing time to get into Playa). Grand Bahia 55 minutes. Oasis Tulum 65 minutes. Approximately. :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
220 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

It looks like the Oasis is closer than the Bahia from Cancun......according to Google maps! Just saying! Unless we get the run around on the bus too!

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
569 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

Your looking a mininum of 1 .5 hours to get to a Oasis tulum and Bahia resorts

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

mnhasnow was quoting private transfer times i am thinking., taking provided transfer from the tour companies can take anywhere from 1 1/4 hours to 3 hours depending on sometimes your fellow travellers getting waylaid in the terminal or how many resorts they stop at on the way. there are several private transfer options that will get you to the coba in just under an hour. a little more for tulum. some you can check out are usa transfers, agi cancun valet

Edited: 8:40 pm, February 05, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

It does take quite a long time to get to those resorts but keep in mind that some of the excursions you may be wanting to do (like Xel-Ha, Tulum ruins, Akumal Beach)are located close to these resorts too. It can take a long time to get to your resort if your bus is stopping at other resorts first. We decided to take a private transfer to Bahia next month with USA Transfers to cut down on the travel time.

Hagerstown, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
2,613 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

From the airport Oasis Tulum is about 82 miles, Allegro Playacar 42 miles, and Grand Bahia Principe Coba 66 miles. At best, you will be driving on 307 at 60 mph. It drops to about 35 mph a few spots, and there are a few stop lights too. On a good day you will make it to GBPC in 90 minutes. Many tour companies offer hotel transfers. Choosing a non-stop option will help shorten the drive. Hope that helps.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,090 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

Some incorrect facts here

Oasis Tulum is just north (beside) of Bahia (not 16 miles difference??)

In fact it is 1 entrance before Bahia (less than 1/2 mile) so it does NOT take you 10 more minutes to get to Tulum Oasis

However, for those that remember, heading south, you are on the opposite (east) side of the hwy and almost all of the resorts are on the water (west) side of the hwy - there may be times that you have to travel past your resort for 1/2 mile until you get to a retorno (u turn), so you may go past a few resorts until you can u turn

I have bumped a long transfer time thread which gives many persnal experiences

imho, it would take you a minimum 65 minutes to Bahia, a few more minutes to after a u turn to get to Oasis Tulum - anything under 60 minutes means you have found a very FAST driver

Edited: 10:08 pm, February 05, 2013
bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

Isn't the Oasis Tulum south of the ABR? I should have looked it up. I thought the Oasis was in the next bay south of Akumal Bay. I timed our taxi ride from ABR to the airport and it was almost exactly one hour, so I was basing my times on that. I had better go look at the map. :)

bemidji minnesota
Level Contributor
7,346 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

Well.....I had Grand Bahia as being just north of Akumal (in my mind) when indeed it is just south. :) I will amend my estimates to the Oasis still at 65 minutes and the Grand Bahia at 70 minutes. And yes, I am saying direct times. :)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
43,090 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: how long of a drive from airport to these resorts

thx MN

60 minutes to ABR is a good benchmark

Bahia and Oasis Tulum both share the same bay (3 bays south of Akumal)

Jade Bay, South Akumal Bay, then Aventuras Akumal Bay