We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beds at Grand Palladium

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Beds at Grand Palladium

I am a seasoned traveller and I know hard beds are the norm in Mexico. Lots of people have complained about the hard beds/pillows at the Palladium. Are they really worse than other resorts? I have a bad back and am a small person, so hard beds just don't work for me. If I can't rest on vacation, that would really be a problem!

At the Iberostar Lindo, you can ask for them to add a foam mattress topper. Has anyone ever heard of them doing that at the Gran Palladium?

We are highly considering a suite or Jr suite at the White Sands at the GP (we have a child, so Mayan or Royal suites aren't an option!). Are the beds in the Kantenah suites any better with their recent renovation?

Just trying to decide if the beds would be a deal breaker at the GP!

Thanks!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

Hi

The beds at the GP were much the same as the beds in any of the other resorts I have stayed in. I don't have any more info on matress toppers or if the refurbished Kantenah suites have different beds, sorry.

The pillows on the other hand were also no different to pillows to pillows at other resorts but because there is a pillow menu and there is a charge for it you get a lot of people complaining about the fact that you have to pay for a "better" pillow. So you can definately choose a pillow that suits you but you will have to pay extra for it, i think it was $3 but don't quote me on that.

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

Beds are the same, i agree with nigels post.

I think the pillows were $3 *a night* though! Expensive anyway.

Luckily we were forewarned so we bought two new ones for home and took the two oldest pillows from home with us in the case and left them behind.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
979 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

We were pleasantly surprised with the beds. We had 2 Mayan Suites and a Junior Suite in the Colonial section. No problems with the pillows either. Now, we are easy mattress people-soft or firm is good by us.

On our first trip to the Barcelo, my hips were sore in the morning from the hard beds but on the second trip there I was fine!

We were very prepared to go into Playa Del Carmen and buy sponge mattress toppersthis time but were very happy that there was no need to.

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
446 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

I'll have to say for beds in Mexico, the Palladium beds are good. I'm fine without an extra topper. Standard pillows need improvement.

PA
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

Go to the Palladium Addict Website and someone there can probably tell you about the foam topper. I've never experienced having one of those before. I never needed one at the Palladium however, at Secrets Capri, the bed was as hard as nails. They did put tow mattress pads on the bed for me and that helped.

Lethbridge Alberta
Level Contributor
574 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

At home in the last three months , we have changed our mattress from a six inch euro top foam to rregular one ,

that was a hard change .

Now going on to our second week here in the white sands section , the mattress is firm but no problems , pillows could be better , we haven't rented one from their menu hope this helps you

Hampshire England
Level Contributor
6,551 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

It's cheaper to go to PDC and buy pillows from Wal Mart and leave them behind lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

I was in the Royal Suites, and the bed had a memory foam matress topper - which was utterly horrible, I felt like the bed was sweating into me! SO hot - any part of me in contact with the bed just overheated! So in the early hours I stipped the foam topper off the bed and re-made it, and it was SO much better! So if the beds are similar, the regular mattress was just fine. The pillows were also fine, not great, but get the job done (we did upgrade the pillows, but more because we could, than we needed to).

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

lol emma, we upgraded the pillows and we tried them all just because we could too and it was a laugh. We had a pillow fight too with each type and rated them for their pillow fighting qualities on their feeback form and I think the maid appreciated it because we got a big smiley face back on a piece of paper and a really good towel monkey.

10. Re: Beds at Grand Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 23, 2014