We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music too loud @ ABR

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Music too loud @ ABR

Hi all,

Just read a review about ABR and was surprised to hear the reviewer comment on how loud the music is around the swing bar and in the lobby.

We are booked for week of Christmas and go every year at this time. We know it will be very busy but hopefully quiet?

We try to "steer clear" of resorts in which the animation team is yelling over the microphone all day long.

Just a bit worried.....we booked here hoping it will be laid back and quiet.

Thanks for any info,

Julie

Taverna Akumal
$$ - $$$, Italian, Bar, Pizza
Turtle Bay Bakery & Cafe
$$ - $$$, Mexican, American, Cafe
Loncheria Akumalito
$, Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
3,017 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

Well, I have to wear earplugs when we stay in Building 5 because we don't need animation (LOL).

Yes, they are very loud, usually from about 10 PM to around 11.

Just one reason we are in Playa Caribe tonight and not at ABR.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Caribe
Playa Caribe
160 Reviews
Akumal, Mexico
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
46,981 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

Agree, I dont need loud music or an animation team. I am capable of animating myself.

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

I have never understood why some of the smaller places feel they need "entertain" all day long. Most people go to these places to get away from all of that.

We quit staying at a small little AI that we liked in Playa after a 3rd stay because they literally were screaming into a microphone all day long. They were also mad if you didn't want to play volley ball or other games. I teach phys ed to middle schoolers so tend to stay as far away from games/activities as possible when I'm on vacation.

Mi Cheeladas at the bar/on the beach is my "animation."

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,401 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

We don't hang around the swing bar so I can't comment on that. We tend to hang out on the beach in front of the snack bar, and even though the animation team sets up their speakers close by, it really isn't offensive unless you're right in front of them. They seldem yell into the microphones if ever, and they ask politely if you want to join the activities, they aren't pushy.

We don't stay up late enough to know how loud they are at night - we stay in bldg. 6 and we can't hear a thing there!

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

Thanks so much everyone!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to email and see if I can request building 6 or 7.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,962 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

Been there many times

Julie - I think the poster is a one off - something to complain about

Noise at the Swing Bar is very low key and the bar closes at Dusk (unless they set up a Beach party with Band - excellent times

As the Swing Bar is by bldgs 1 &2 , now closed and about to be torn down / rebuilt - there is NO NOISE Polution elsewwhere

Entertainment Group - again very low key - sandinmypants gives great advice

Music / entertainment at the main bar - yes for some evenings / other evenings they goto the Theatre

Mal Perro was I believe complaining about a very noisy (evil) Canadian

Panama City Beach...
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

VSC,

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I was hoping you were out there for reassurance. I know "yall" have stayed there many many times and love it so much! I'm just hoping to get some sleep at night! I blow it out pretty hard from early in the morn till dinner then sometimes it is "over" quite early.....(mi cheeladas)

Take care!!!!!

Edited: 8:11 am, November 19, 2012
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

Request building 6 or 7. I always stay in building 6 on either the second or third floor. You can sleep with your slider open and hear nothing but the sound of waves. People seem to love building 5 because of it's proximity to the pool, etc... but when I was there in September over Independance Day I heard nothing in building 6 but guests in building 5 complained that they were kept up until the wee hours with noise from the bar. The Moonrise Bar closes early so I've never heard that to be an issue. Overall, though, I've never found it to be that noisy. In December I stayed on the beach in Playa in a room with soundproof windows and we could still hear the music from a nearby club until 4 a.m. No matter where you are at ABR you'll have a wonderful vacation!

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

we can confirm Vancouversundog & Sandinmypants answers... ;)

10. Re: Music too loud @ ABR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, December 16, 2013