We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Akumal Restaurants Question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Akumal Restaurants Question

I can't remember if it was on this forum or over at Loco Gringo, but somewhere I remember seeing a hand drawn map showing restaurant locations in Akumal Pueblo as well as village... anyone happen to have it handy???

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

Hi CRL it is on LocoGringo - I don't have a link handy. Sorry.

Portland
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

No problem... I posted on LocoGringo and someone has already replied with a link to the map... These forums are AWESOME!!!

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

of course they are linked here on this site

Top Questions 1st Question

Maps, research sites and best activities to do (Cenotes / Xplor and More)

What are the best places to visit outside of my resort / condo - Do you need an excursion company - most times not unless it is to a a place a few hours away (e.g Chichen Itza)

Great list of research sites and maps ... (more)

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

Also look at the Top Question

Restaurants Outside your Resort

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

I love those top questions!

6. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:36 pm, November 16, 2012
Edited: 1:36 pm, November 16, 2012
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

Nov 16, 2012

We ate several dinners with some Italiano friends at a small outdoor restaurant in the Pueblo , by the basketball court called Cocina de Maria . Maria looks and cooks like a grandmother with hand made fresh tortillas and conchinita pork tacos and also shredded chicen tacos , bar b qued chicken dinners and tamales in several varieties including a fried version . There is a young lady who sells six varieties of Tamales from steaming pots on the corner nearby most nights .There are four or five other carts selling tacos and hot dog/ hamburger guys . We had some flattened chicken take out from Natty's one day and some nice pork or lamb tacos from El taco Maya and some total fruit paletas for dessert a few nights . Sometimes we had no room for under ten dollars each or both . We rounded out our pueblo dining at Tequilaville for some fine fare and attentive service from Ken and Mary and Gilberto . The Ultimo Maya restaurant was closed during our trip . There is still a full time fruit and vegetable store with flattened chicken just up from Tequillaville , same side and a very large liquour and wine selection , similar in size to Super Chomak , at the market at the bottom of the bridge , south side of the road . If you are in Halfmoon Bay there are food cars and trucks that come by with a great selection of breakfast and lunch choices , primarily for the condo staffs but available to tourists as well with some inquiring . A sensitive stomach , both gluten and dairy intolerant , in our party had no issues with any of these products including any of the six varieties of Tamales which I enjoy cold for breakfast . A selection of hot morning tamales vere cinco pesos each . A four egg ham omelete with beans and rice was 40 pesos from the lunch truck at one o'clock at Playa Caribe but his menu varies , Sundays and Mondays off , our week .

We bought some fresh sub buns from the cornerstore in the pueblo on the corner past the well lit basketball court and that place has liquor also and another store nearby had some fresh fruit . The carneceria further in town has both meats and vegetables including cubes of prepared mixed vegetables for 1oo pesos that we have enjoyed other years .There was even a "pan" , bread delivery bicycle in Halfmoon in the afternoons but I didn't see his wares . I didn't see the Bicycle Tamale man in the afternoons across from the silvershop , maybe only a high season thing . There are many inexpensive , very authentically Mexican foods to be found with some effort and/or a run to the pueblo/poblada . Enjoy your trip

Vancouver
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,878 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

Thanks Juan - was hoping you would post this

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

I LOVE tamales. Luckily we have a large growing Mexican pop.here in Detroit and a whole section of the city filled with shops and restaurants. These folks are stabilizing the dwindling city! Anyway, I have to buy a dozen at a pop when I can get there.

Nice to know about the trucks, good for Top Q's.

Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,381 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Akumal Restaurants Question

The diced veggies were 10 pesos , typo .