We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

Hi,

We went last February with our kids and had an amazing time.

I was just looking at the prices for this winter when I got results saying that it was ADULTS ONLY !!!

Is/has the resort converted to adults only? And is the ENTIRE resort adults only OR just a portion of rooms of the SK reserved for adults only?

Oh what a shame if it is true.....but I can totally understand. In fact, we predicted that it might be eventually limted to AO.....an amazing resort!!!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

The entire SK part is going to be adults-only starting November 1st. I'm booked for after that date and I got an email recently confirming the change.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
485 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

We are absolutely gutted too, we're going to have to 'slum' it at Coba next year!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,974 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

Shoot.

We really enjoyed the larger suite options so the kids had a separate area to sleep with doors to separate.

Do any of the other gran Bahia resorts offer a similar setup? I couldn't find anything in my search.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
475 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

@smitty unfortunately they do not..@holiday..'slumming' it at Coba is not all that bad..just think after 10 visits you can still enjoy the SK while slumming..lol..will be 'slumming' in 41 more sleeps and dining at SK..

Edited: 12:01 pm, October 19, 2012
5. Re: Gran Bahia Sian Kaan - converted to ADULTS ONLY???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 21, 2013