We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
57 reviews
Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

We're going to Mexico in September and booked a package holiday with Virgin holidays. We're starting to look at insurance and I read on the forum about hurricane insurance. We haven't found any in England because most companies say its an act of god and not possible to cover, but I was just thinking that surely as a package holiday customer virgin will have a duty of care towards us, if that's evacuating us or moving us elsewhere? Obviously we will get insurance anyway, I just wondered if anyone could tell me if we needed the cover?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
26,047 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

Check with Virgin and see what their specific policy is in the event of a hurricane. Many companies will allow you to reschedule your trip or choose a different destination with no penalty; some are not so flexible,

I've always found that the airlines' policies are generous enough that I've never bother with specific insurance but everyone's risk tolerance is different.

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

Well they have a 'worry free policy':

There are some things you really don't want to hear when you're about to take a well earned break.

... your flight has been cancelled and you can't reach your destination within a reasonable amount of time: You can change to another holiday with us. We'll always try to keep it the same price too (although we're sure you'll understand, a change from the Isle of Man to the Island of Mauritius may require you to pay the difference). Otherwise, if we can't give you a holiday, we'll give you a full refund.

... your flight home is cancelled: We'll simply book you a new one with the help of all our airline partners. If it's not leaving for a couple of days, never fear, we'll assist you booking a hotel too. And just so friends and family back home don't think you've gone all Shirley Valentine, we'll help you get in touch with them, so nothing to worry about there either.

I suppose I can call them tomorrow and ask!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

I've just contacted Virgin as we fly to Mexico on Tuesday. Our hotel has just issued a hurricane warning on facebook. Virgin are not aware of this but have said if the hurricane causes problems, they will contact us and take care of us and provide a resort of equal rating in an unaffected area where possible.

I don't think hurricane insurance is needed as far as Virgin are concerned...also in case you didn't know, the departure tax at Cancun airport is included with Virgin, otherwise its £45 pp with other airlines!

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

Thank you! Are you scared of going out?? I contacted them on Facebook and they confirmed that they would evacuate or anything else that was needed. Have a good holiday, I hope it's all gone by then!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,633 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

Why would your hotel issue a hurricane warning when the hurricane is well past the east coast of the Yucatan? In a few hours it won't even be in the Yucatan.

6. Re: Is hurricane cover needed with Virgin holidays?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 22, 2013