We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia principe wedding

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
portsmouth
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi Everyone

We are getting married at the GBP March 13. We have been told by our travel agent that we need passports, birth certificates, deed poll all translated into spanish and legalized here in uk.

When looking on another wedding web site it says for this actual hotel we only need our passports?

Has anyone been marrieed there and could help?

Thanks

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi

I will be getting married out there in 4 weeks.

To be honest the travel agents are not the best to advise, we were told by ours that we only needed passports and no documents needed to be translated but when we started contact with the wedding co-ordinator at the Gran Bahia she advised that my partner needed to have his birth certificate translated and legalised (at a cost of £260 for one document) but that mine didn't although I still have to take my birth certificate

So I would suggest not doing anything until you start liasing with the wedding co-ordinator as they the people that are in touch with the judge as translation of documents does not come cheap!

Hope this helps

Wallasey, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hope everything went well/goes well with the wedding!

quick question, we get married at the GBP this December, can you let us know if you ended up having to get your documents translated?

Thanks

portsmouth
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi there wedding was fab couldn't have been better. We got married 15 march 13 !!!!

Yes I got docs translated : deed poll (me) birth certificate (me). I used a company called tlc translations.

We had our reception dinner at don Pablo ( great choice) and got married on the beach. But had some pics took in the wedding gazebo.

I booked all the a la carts before via email before we arrived at the hotel.

If Jazmin is your wedding co ordinator she is absolutely fab .... Your day will go without a hitch.

If you have any more questions just ask

Nickie :)

Wallasey, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi

Glad you had a great day - we are also getting married on the beach and have Jazmin as our wedding co-ordinator so hopefully will run as smoothly as yours did!

Did your partner also have to have theirs translated as we were told by Thomas cook it was necessary but Jazmin has advised that we don't so we are a bit unsure!

Did you get your hair and makeup done by the people their as not sure what to do? Sorry for all the questions

X

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi there, Just read all this and my daughter is getting married at Iberostar Maya in August and our wedding co-ordinator has told me we only need passports, birth certificates and tourist cards. She also told me that we do not need to have anything translated or apostilled. Hopefully yours will be similar... good luck with your wedding

Wallasey, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi

Thanks for responding -- we have been advised exactly the same. Glad we waited for a couple of months before we just went ahead and got our birth certificates translated as we were being quoted around £400 for this. Hope your daughter has a lovely wedding in August too!

portsmouth
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi

No worries with the questions. I tralled trip advisor for any hints or tips at getting married at the bahia principe tulum. So I will answer anything I can.

I was worried about the same thing with the documents and asked Jazmin over and over again about mr's documents. He just has to take the originals with him, it's yours that need translating etc. don't forget you have to both have blood tests there too. Don't worry it's all very clean and the doctors are lovely.

I used a company called tlc translations they are uk based and reasonably priced.

Myself and bridesmaids did our own makeup but used the resort salon for our hair. This was expensive $95 usd me & $85 usd bridesmaids. They were all defiantly worth the money. I even took clip in hair extensions for on of my maids as she had short hair and wanted side buns for them. The hairdresser put them in perfectly.

I had my dress steamed a couple of days before and that was $15 usd.

Oh remember to ask one of your wedding party or mr to be to take wet wipes you have to do finger prints as part of the ceremony and you don't want ink on your dress. I didn't have a veil and glad I didn't as It was windy (not cold though).

I picked 5 songs with meaning to us and had them played instead of their music.

We requested a high floor as we always do when we go on holiday and was disappointed when we were put on the groung floor. Then reused it cos we were getting married and wouldn't want to walk down the steps with my dress on.

Umm if I think of anything else I will post on here or just ask.

Nickie :)

Northern Ireland
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Im getting married here in November, and I am going out of my mind worrying if I can get nail extensions/acrylic nails done at the hotel? As I leave UK 10 days before my actual wedding day so my nails wouldnt be as neat as if i got them done day before!!

If someone could answer me this... thanks so much!!

Natasha :)

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

We were married there and had a legal wedding and did not need anything translated into Spanish. Not mine, his or witnesses. Just passports and birth certificates and all was fine. Tourist cards as well, but everyone needs those.

Wallasey, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gran Bahia principe wedding

Hi Natasha

There is a beauty salon on site and I asked our wedding co-ordinator (Jazmin not sure if you have the same) to send through a price list as I was looking to book in to get our hair done on the wedding day, it does have a price for extensions on there 70USD I was going to upload the leaflet but couldn't see how to sorry. If you ask you wedding co-ordinator I am sure she will send it through or here is the email address spabptul@bahia-principe.com attn Ms Antonia who is the receptionist.

Hope this helps

Lucy