We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Topic
Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

I was thinking about booking this hotel for vacation next year for my family. We do have two young kids ages 11 and 7. I was wondering if anybody could tell me about the Premium Packages. What do you get extra if you upgrade and do most people do it?

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Anybody with any information would be great.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
69 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

I found this online, not sure if its helps.

http://grand-sirenis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1453&highlight=upgrade+prices

We were married there last month and booked their presidential wedding package and we were upgraded to a room in bldg. 19 (bldg. 19 is for the Premium Traveller's Club) the room was great, overlooking the beach with lots of extras. We had nightly turn down service as well as snacks left nightly for us. We also got a free dinner in the Gourmet rest. (usually $35 per person) which was a fantastic meal. Additionally we also got the water circuit at the spa for 12 people and the spa wedding package - hot stone massage, steam bath, etc.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

We booked thru Apple and got the water circuit, turndown service, several gifts, and were in Bld 18 with a partial ocean view at no upgrade cost.

Scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Hi, I am just back today and when we checked in they gave us an info leaflet and it gives 4 options, silver, gold, platinum and presidential. Silver gives you 10% off hotel extras, rent a car and scuba diving, free internet and wifi, aromatherepy in room, bottle of wine, fruit basket, daily night courtesy of towel replacement and chocolate amenity, 2 addition a la carte reservations, late check out, 24hr room service, unlimited mini bar refill, temazcal session? and free picture. The Gold package gives you all that and an upgrade to ocean view, premium room service menu, full bar in room, unlimited a la carte, free laundry, gourmet bites as a night courtesy, choice of room cleaning hours, massage and cromoterapia.

Hope that helps

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Are there still turtles there?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

They sometimes swim in that area.

Maryland
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

How many of you that have been to this resort have payed to upgrade and did you think it was worth it.

scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

At what cost? Going in 10 days and wonder if it's worth while o upgrade. I have heard that not all the buildings have been refurbished, can you help with this?

East Riding of...
Level Contributor
359 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

We were there in June and didn't upgrade. The thing I didn't like were the premium areas were just in the main areas but roped off so anyone sat in them looked conspicuous! For instance in the huuuge lobby there is a small roped off area with leather rather than wicker sofas. On the beach there is a roped off area with Bali beds and different coloured cushions on the sunbeds and the same at one of the pools but everyone can walk back and forwards through these areas anyway. I would just feel really self-conscious sitting in a roped off area, as if I was sending out signals that I am better than you but that's just my opinion!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,662 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Ugh! I really dislike it when resorts have obvious "class systems" like this.

I'm especially worried about the "unlimited mini bar refill". What do the plebs who don't upgrade get?