We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

A couple of students are willing to drive from Canada to Minneapolis in order to save money on an all inclusive

package to the Riviera Maya area, preferably Akumal. They are interested in sea turtles, snorkeling and ruins.

In your experience what is the best website to search to find the best price?

We are in a CDN. location where a package deal is still the most economical option, but we are newbies when it comes to booking from the U.S. Are there cheap flight options available from MInneapolis? They are willing to search a hotel separately if that will save them $$.

Any advice appreciated.

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

Try Apple Vacations, Cheapcaribbean, or Funjet.

Iowa
Level Contributor
296 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

Agreed with the above post. Also, check out Sun Country. We found the best deal, this year, with Cheap Caribbean.

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

found the best deal with expedia.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
507 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

The thing with traveling to the US to fly, you have to make sure it's worth your time.

You have to take into consideration your gas, hotel on the way down and hotel on the way back. Are you saving that much?? sometimes it's just better to book from home. But I'd check out the different prices. If you are only saving a few hundred dollars, it's not worth it, as travel time, fuel and hotel would be alot more than what you are saving.

I am leaving out of Winnipeg and booked through redtag.ca as I found they have the best deals. For me it wasn't worth the time to even look in the sates. You might also want to check out trips from Grand Forks or Fargo as well.

Alberta
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

We are meeting family in Akumal in Feb. (We are flying from Edmonton). They live in Winnipeg and are driving to Grand Forks. They saved a fair bit of money compared to flying out of Winnipeg. They booked flights and accomodation separately. The all-inclusive was booked through Expedia, and sorry can't remember who they're flying with, but I'm almost sure they booked the flights via Expedia as well.

vernon canada
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

The no worries , no hassles , everything is taken care of , element of a charter company combined with good pricing is what works for me.

Check out the Transat Holidays easy to use website.

You pick the Reosrt / Dates package that works best for you.

They fly out of Winterpeg every Friday and Sunday during Feb.

Right now prices to a nice place in the RM are about $1700 taxes and fees included. Price is a bit higher around Feb 18 , but you will find that with any carrier , due to a school break. ( they sell out too )

The mid Feb price will probably stay the same because it is a peak period , but you can expect the early or late Feb prices to drop considerably during the last 3 or 4 weeks prior to departure. Last year , In December , we booked 3 weeks prior to departure. We paid $900 including taxes and fees each. (flying out of Vancouver)

Our next trip will be booked out of an airport closer to home (Kelowna)eliminating the cost of driving or flying to Van and the extra hotel night(s)

Poplar, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
289 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

We fly out of DLH and book our lodging separate. We too would go to MSP if it was cheaper but it just hasn't been for some odd reason. I would check both airports if you decide this option.

Have fun!

Chilly

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

Thanks for all the responses. I will pass this all along to them.

9. Re: Most reasonably priced from Minneapolis to Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, December 20, 2012