We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

Which of the 2 parks would you recommend for a family of 4,

teenagers aged 16 &19? And why? We are staying a GB Akumel.

Thanks

Pendleton, Oregon
Level Contributor
429 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

We went to Hidden Worlds once. I felt like it was not worth the money we paid. Wasted time at the beginning, little tiny zip lines. We went to Selvatica - much better. I have not been to Xplor, but I'm sure it would be a much better bang for your money.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
439 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

We went to Xplor last year and had a great time. It is all day. Fabulous buffet included. Ziplines, 4 wheeling, rafts, swimming in underground rivers. Xplor had more ziplines than Hidden worlds and selvatica. You can't go wrong with Xplor!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

Thanks, the choice sounds easy....

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

Try Xplor. We went with our two sons (17,14) and they loved it all of us did.

The zip lines were really fun. Try it I think your kids will like it.

Have fun.

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

How do you get to Xplor from Gran Bahia Principe? Do they have a tour bus or do you take colectivo, or taxi? Do you buy tickets from resort or online? What are your recommendations?

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

Xplor is about 3-4 miles SOUTH of Playa del Carmen (PDC) on the ocean (east) side of the road. They may offer transportation but I would just get in a colectivo on highway 307. Read about those in the PDC forum.

Edited: 7:20 pm, December 01, 2011
7. Re: Hidden Worlds or Xplor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, June 22, 2013