We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
322 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

I have been reading reviews from others on the forum for weeks and have not seen any complaints SO I am assuming this is all a rumor but I really need to hear from others that have traveled to the Mexico area recently.

I have hear that the tranfer buses or vans are being stopped on their way to the resorts and the guests are being robbed.

Is there any truth to this and if so... is it transfer buses or private vans that are being targeted????

Please HELP!

Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

The first question that needs to be asked is Where did you hear this?

saskatoon
Level Contributor
113 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

I have never heard of any problems and further to that with all the close media attention with regards to Mexican violence if something had happened it would be all over the headlines.

3. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, January 23, 2011
pa
Level Contributor
322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

I normally do not put alot of faith into rumors but this one came from a very close friend of mine, she was told by her friend that it happened to her sister-in law. If so was it a random act or ???.

I would normally just sit back & wait to see if I heard anything on the news but I have a group ready to book and I want to be upfront with them. We traveled through the swine flu scare and it didn't faze us but ???

Just want to be assured that we don't have a real concern on this.

5. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, January 23, 2011
Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

We've been down there five times with the last trip being in September and we've never had a problem. Haven't seen any suspicious activity on the side of the road either.

Boston...
Level Contributor
498 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

WOW Mike...for someone who points out other forum members "bad behavior", I'm quite surprised to see your sarcastic post....play nice or you might also be band.....TA can be very fickle

L

pa
Level Contributor
322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

I'm sorry to bring rumor to the forum but as I said we are wanting to book today and no time to handle the situation as I normally would.

pa
Level Contributor
322 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

Thanks...bbbethie!

Ormond Beach...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apple Transfers/Private Vans....Robberies????

I haven't been there in recent weeks, but in October we had apple private transfer and the driver went thru several checkpoints but never even rolled the window down. Been there nine times, used apple bus, van and private transfer and have never had a problem.