We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Las Vegas
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

My husband & I are going the 21st of May and we're staying at Gran Bahia Principe Coba and not sure how or when to book a la carte's? Also, any recommendation's on which restaurant's are the best?

We booked our trip on expedia and so I was going on there today to look at the types of restaurants as I don't remember and this is what it read:

"Gran Bahia Principe Coba All Inclusive has a restaurant serving breakfast only" Is this true? I don't remember seeing that before.

I appreciate your help,

Joi

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
511 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

Bluecrew,

if you see the lionk to the right and click on the ala cartes it will give you some ideas.

Book them when you arrive

We like Don Pablo, Arlequin, Lagorumet, Tequila for the mexican flair.

You will get different answers as everyone has their own tastes.

For us Mikados is just another Haibachi restaraunt that we have been to before here in Wisconsin, so it was ok. It is nice to see and do once. Some people will just ramp and rave about it.

Don Pablos, we like a lot, located at Tulum and the Tequila a lot of fun in the Tulum resort.

Arlequin and La Gourmet also..

Thanks

Snowman :O)

st helens
Level Contributor
311 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

You can use all the buffet and al a cartes in all three of the resorts, it might be advisable to email a week before you leave if you only go for a week so that your not disappointed and miss out, I liked Le Gourmet and Arlequin best the Japanese was also good, but this time I want to go to Don Pablos and Tequilla.

Alberta
Level Contributor
3,824 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

I believe each section has a small buffet set up for breakfast and lunch in a restaurant that serves a la carte at dinner. In Coba I believe it is the Cozumel, in Akumal Vita Dolce, and Gran Tortuga in Tulum.

Nashua, NH
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

As far as pre booking your a la carte's, I was only allowed to pre book restaurants in the property I was staying, Coba. I pre-booked Portofino for Monday evening. All others I had to book once I arrived. I don't know if this is always the case. We arrived on Sunday and I did not book until Monday, but I had no problem booking Tequila for Weds. evening, Le Grand Tortuga for Thursday and Arlequin for Friday, all at 7:00 PM

5. Re: Question about booking restaurants @ Coba... please help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 02, 2010