We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Forcast for Next Week

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,121 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Forcast for Next Week

We're due to arrive for a first trip to Akumal next Wednesday. I'm getting very worried about the weather report for next week. Overcast, rainy, etc. I don't mind a little rain or a little cloud but I don't want to be cooped up all day in a room with rain and no sun for the week. I can do that here in cold, rainy, depressing NY :( How concerned should I be? I know it's impossible to predict the weather but those of you with Akumal experience, is this typical for January?

Tried to edit the sterling spelling of "forecast" in title but alas, can't :p

Edited: 4:12 pm, January 01, 2010
Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,370 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Forcast for Next Week

Normally we get these ? for 1st timers and tell them not to worry

Watch the web cams - you may get a shower or two but to expect a lot of sun , perhaps some wind

Unless a norte appears - then all bets are off for a few days

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Forcast for Next Week

Hi travelerNewYork, Go Yankees!!!! I wouldn't be overly concerned about the forecast as they seem to forecast rain quite often just to cover their tracks if a shower occurs. When we were there last March they forecasted rain for 5 of the 7 days we were there and it rained for a total of 5 minutes (and only a misty rain at that) one afternoon. It was actually refreshing in a way. Don't sweat it!!

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
21,121 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather Forcast for Next Week

Thanks so much, guys. That's what I was hoping to hear! We get the same worried questions on the Isla forum and tell people not to worry but since I've never been to Akumal I thought maybe this is typcial of January or something. I'm so dying to get out of here into some sunshine and warmth. Thurman, lol about the Yankees ;)

4. Re: Weather Forcast for Next Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, July 01, 2010