We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funjet Vacations-

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Overland Park...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Funjet Vacations-

We found out this morning from our TA that Funjet will not be sending any flights to Cancun until after December 15th!

Looks like our BPA plans have been officially flushed due to Hurricane Wilma!

Looks like it is time to scramble for option B.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Funjet Vacations-

Yeh we are in the same boat as you. We were suppose to fly out Nov 16. Our TA is looking into keeping our hotel reservation (same price), but flying out with Apple. We may have to pay a bit more. I hope this works out. If not, Vegas, here I come.

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Funjet Vacations-

RumHawk & Paula,

I'm with Fun Jet flying out on Nov 19th out of Dallas & haven't been cancelled.....yet. My TA has been scrambling to help others who have been cancelled. Try her. Go to mybeachboard.com & follow the links to contact her or email me at dfmeeks.com & I'll get you her pone number. Don't give up!

Dorothy

austin,tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Funjet Vacations-

How were you informed you were canceled --

I've got a flight only out 11/24 from IAH (houston)

I've already had my hotel cancelled -- but willing

to make new hotel reservations, but would

bite if I did that and then had Funjet cancel

my charter flight.

m

stillwater, ok
Level Contributor
113 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Funjet Vacations-

I found out yesterday that I was canceled. I contacted my TA & asked her to check status. She did find us another flight but it was a different day & more money so we turned it down. We just don't have he flexibility of different days & I don't feel I should be paying hundreds of dollars more. I hope everyone else has better luck.

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Funjet Vacations-

I booked funjet through expedia. I called expedia and they said I have to call funjet. Funjet message is: If you are booked to travel to Cancun or Cozumel anytime after 11/11 call back after 11/4. We are scheduled 11/12, so I have to wait until 1 week before I travel to know whether we can go!!! I can find other flights, but can't book until I know what funjet is going to do. SOOO... frustrating.

austin,tx
Level Contributor
74 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Funjet Vacations-

I went online to Funjet and found that they have a list of what flights are cancelled and which are still "on".

Hope this link helps:

funjet.com/content/…

Since the DFW->PVR are 2x the price, I think I'll be getting a refund and staying home this Thanksgiving.

mike

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Funjet Vacations-

As of this afternoon, Vacation Express has cancelled all charter flights to CUN until at least December 31st according to my TA. They are rebooking our wedding guests on Aeromexico scheduled air at about $30.00 less than the original charter flight from ATL. If booked through VE, I would call to make sure that this information is correct and start with Plan B. The change may work out better for us anyway since it ended up being cheaper per person somehow.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Funjet Vacations-

It isn't true that Funjet isn't sending ANY flights to Cancun until after 12/15. We were originally scheduled to fly out of Chicago O'Hare on 11/19. I called them and, after quite awhile on the phone speaking with several different people, I was able to get them to switch us to the Chicago Midway airport, same days. At first they wanted to charge us more, but after being transferred several more times I was able to get someone that would honor our original price. Even though the message on Funjet's phone line said to call back after 11/4, I went ahead and contacted them now. I figured, my vacation is important, too, and I didn't want that Midway flight to get booked up before I had a chance to switch to it. I think Funjet did a great job, and will definitely use them again.

Des Moines, Ia
Level Contributor
225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Funjet Vacations-

I'm glad you got your flight rescheduled. The person that Expedia talked to at Funjet told them the flight was still running when in reality it was cancelled. He was unwilling to do anything about his incompetence. Funjet is on my never again list.