We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

I just received an email from the resort telling me that there is only one bed in the CG villas (didn't specify what size). They know we've booked two rooms; one for DH and I, the other for our two teenaged sons. But, they've offered to make up the sofa in the room for the boys otherwise they'll be sleeping together. NOT!

This isn't what I paid extra for.

Has anyone else come across this issue here?

Any suggestions to rectify the problem. I've emailed my TA and told her to confirm all this and if this is the case, we'll cancel the CG.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

The bed configurations are not all the same.

There just may not be any double beds available for the particular timeframe you are there.

If you asked for a certian villa, adjoining rooms...etc, there may not be anything that fits all your needs.

The sofa couch is very comforatable, I've slept on it (OK, well I've passed out on it).

As for what you paid for, that is a grey area. You don't book travel based on the type of bed in the room, you book based on the number of guests, the rest is a request.

Your travel agent can not get the hotel to do anything, they just contact the tour company who will more than likely say anything to keep you going.

I know this does not help, but I am just trying to prepare you for having only one king size beds in each of the rooms when you arrive.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

Apparently there are other rooms that can accommodate the two boys that are not part of the CG.

Why pay for something that is not going to satisfy your needs is all I'm saying.

You ever tried putting two teenagers in a bed together for a week?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

I was saying that one could sleep on the fold out couch and the other could sleep in the bed. They could switch it up every night.

It's one idea. Maybe not the best idea.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

I think it makes more sense to me to forgo the few extra amenities of the GC in order to get two doubles, I guess. We'll see what the resort comes back with.

There's always a way to make things work!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

Last year when we stayed in the Golden section of Coba we requested a villa close to the main lobby as my husband had just had surgery. They actually put us in a villa that wasn't in the designated Golden section, just on the outer edge. You could inform the resort that a villa close to the Golden section would be acceptable if you could get a room with two double beds. Then you could still enjoy the extra amenities that Golden offers.

Just a suggestion.

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

skinnybella,

That's a great idea. Thank you. I emailed back to the resort late last night asking if we could do that. So, we'll see what comes bacc.

We really don't need anything more than a villa by the water and the separate check in.

Everything else we can do without.

I'll post what comes back from them today. Thanks again.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

My pleasure. No one wants to start their vacation on a negative note. :o) And I can guarantee they'll bend over backwards to do whatever they can to make you happy.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

What is the proper etiquette when you notice them bending over backwards? Do you stare or just pretend not to notice, lol

I crack myself up!!

ontario
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

skier05,

You seem to have a thing about bending over backward.....;-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bed configuration at BP Akumal Club Golden villas

manyboys:

LOL, what can I say, I'm weak!!