We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reef Condos

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
The Reef Condos

Has anyone stayed at The Reef ("Villas on the Reef") condos in Akumal? Going to Akumal Xmas week with my family and was wondering how it compares to some of the other condos on the beach.

Cleveland
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Reef Condos

I have been there and to many of the villas and condos in Akumal. It is - in my opinion - among the most beautiful places in the world with the friendliest people. The following link can be entered into your browser and you can see the condos of Akumal and Turtle Bay (even a turtle nest)-albeit just a few short weeks after Emily came through. The Reef is right along here, and beautiful. I don't believe there is a bad choice among the condos and villas in Akumal. Don't miss snorkeling in Yalkul Lagoon.

locogringo.com/hurricane/…akumal-emily.html

Enjoy your stay! Take a donation to the local school (on the left as you enter the village of Akumal) or the eco fund of the approximately 84,000 turtle eggs - hurricane Emily washed most of them away and destroyed the school. There are some links to the hurricane relief fund from the site above, donations are tax deductable. I am sure once you have been to Akumal, you will want to return again and again.