We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
FB
Paris
6 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Is there someone who has seen himself the damages at the BPA ?

I should be there as of aug 09, and I'm afraid to be disappointed.

Do you have some accurate information ?

thks

Kansas City
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Hi,

Myself and my two children are arriving at the BPA on August 6th. I too would like to get an update on what to expect. If you get any info, would you please pass it along? My email is tlambur@finsvcs.com. I had heard that the resort should be up and running at 100% by today, but not really sure if this is the case. We were originally suppose to arrive on July 23rd but rebooked our trip.

Thank you in advance for any info you might be able to pass along.

Tammy Lambur

FB
Paris
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Yes, the hotel is operational.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Just returned today from BPA and can say we had a wonderful trip. We arrived on 07/27/05 and the place was nearly deserted. Talk about personal service. During our stay more people began to arrive and today (08/01/05) when we left things were picking up. The resort has sustained some damage, but it is eveident that the resort is dedicated to getting things back together as they were prior to Emily. What damage that is left to be repaired will not ruin your stay. We had considered cancelling our trip, however, due to our limitations on availablity of rescheduling, we decided to go. I am glad that we went. It is a beautiful resort, and the staff was very friendly and they were able to address any of our needs to our 100% satisfaction. Take sunscreen, it is pretty darn hot there and you may have some problems getting a place in the shade along the beach depending on how many people are there when you arrive.

canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Thanks for the information, Bess! I am glad you had a good trip despite the damage to the resort. The staff sounds wonderful! Can you give us any more details as to what to expect, as we are going soon? For example..are the pools open?..the disco?...was there evening entertainment?...how were the beaches for swimming? Thanks so much!

East Stroudsburg, PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Hey,

So you just got back from the Bahia after the hurricane hit? I know many people, including myself are wondering about the condition of the resort. If you took any pictures that you could post, that would be great! Also, any other information that you have as to what was open when you were there would also be great. Thanks!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Take a look here for pictures

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g499445-d503…

East Stroudsburg, PA
Level Contributor
106 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Are those pictures from the day after the hurricane? It looks pretty bad then, I wonder how much progess they have made. I am sure they are working very hard to get things back in order, so hopefully they will have most everything cleaned up. I am leaving in 2 weeks, do you think they would have the buffet roof back by then?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

Those were taken on the morning after. By the afternoon the clean up had started. If I had the chance to go back I would go. They are very motivated to get it back to normal and I'm sure its already well on the way.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

My husband and I and our 3 children are arriving at BPA on Aug 7th after having to reschedule from July 19th. We were supposed to stay at the Grand Xcaret Occidental, so we are hoping this hotel is just as nice.

FB
Paris
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bahia Principe Akumal (BPA) information

I'v been told that until 300 persons are working hardest to repair and clean the hotel even the trees re-plantation.

I'll be there Aug 09.

bye