We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather for Oct-Nov

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Topic
Weather for Oct-Nov

Can anyone give us an idea of how the weather in Akumal is during Oct-Nov. How is the humidity, chance of hurricanes, average temp etc? We have been in Aug- Sept and it was very humid and have also been in April and found the weather to be ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

I would pick November over October. The nights are a lot cooler as winter approaches. October can still pack heat and humidity.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

During the late fall months, the sun is still strong and you can expect sunny days and temps that average around 25. the evenings are cool (the breeze from the ocean) but not cold. I do not use a jacket, but my wife normally needs a light jacket or sweater.

Vancouver , Canada
Level Contributor
168 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

We were there first week in December last year. The weather was awesome, as you said it cools down nicely at night.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

We haven't travelled that time of year for a long time (as we always travel last 2 weeks in April), but as I recall I needed a light sweater in the evenings. But that was when we travelled to Jamaica every year, now it's Cuba in the fall for a week. Hubby was fine any time of year.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

We always travel to Mexico late October to mid- November and the weather is usually perfect....not too hot, not cold at all.... You may encounter an occasional rain drop here or there, but it never lasts long at all.....I've never noticed too much humidity......in the evenings, it's a good idea to have a light sweater available, just in case.....but I rarely used mine last year when we were there during the first two weeks of November....as for hurricanes.....anything can happen, just be sure to get good trip insurance!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
682 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

Thanks to all for the great info. Looks like Oct-Nov might be a good time for the 2nd of my 2 trips to Mexico each year. Vince

7. Re: Weather for Oct-Nov

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 04, 2009