We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fire in Akumal Beach resort? How bad? Does anyone have pics?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fire in Akumal Beach resort? How bad? Does anyone have pics?

Here is what I got today from LocoGringo:

On April 28, the Akumal Beach Resort had a fire which destroyed the main lobby and main restaurant. All the guest rooms are fine, and no one was injured.

The hotel is open and all services are being provided during your upcoming stay. However, you may want to consider other hotel options. A temporary lobby has been established where their older lobby once was and two other restaurants are where all the meals are being serviced. During your stay there may be reconstruction occurring. We do not have specifics or a time schedule of the work that is going to be done at this time. That being the case you may want to consider a different resort.

A

Bretton Woods, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Fire in Akumal Beach resort? How bad? Does anyone have pics?

I have posted on LG as BEGWIB and know for a fact that they were not busy relocating guests; check out my issues under "fire at ABR".....I personally would be skeptical of anything I heard from them

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Fire in Akumal Beach resort? How bad? Does anyone have pics?

Thank you, BEGWIB. You posts are very alarming indeed.

I don't usually read LG's forums-- they are way too long and not always informative. Thanks for the tip.

33. Re: Fire in Akumal Beach resort? How bad? Does anyone have pics?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, September 30, 2009