We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Calgary, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

Hello! I have been lurking around the forum here gathering info for our trip to Bahai Principe Akumal in a couple of weeks, and now I have a question for you all....

We are going down with our 18 month old daughter, and would like to do some touring of the ruins etc. but are not sure what the best way to get around is. We have thought about renting a car so that she can be in her car seat (which we are bringing on the plane), but have heard that driving can be challenging. I've also seen some private tours offered that will pick us up at the hotel, take us where we want to go and bring us back. The other suggestion has been to just take a taxi and negotiate a flat rate. I'd like to avoid bus tours so that we have control over when we leave/return.

Any suggestions, comments, advice is greatly appreciated!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

kooljammin:

Lots of people rent cars in Mexico and nothing bad happens, you only hear from the small percent of people that have bad experiences.

Not to many people post a topic "I rented a car and nothing bad happened" lol

Your too "Kool" to let anything happen anyway ;)

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

lol!

Yeah, why be afraid? Afterall a life lived in fear is one half lived. Plus, they can't take what you don't have. A few minutes with me, I can have them paying me to go away :-).

13. Re: Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, May 12, 2008
14. Re: Rental car vs. taxi vs. private tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 24, 2009