We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring your own snorkel equipment????

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
137 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Bring your own snorkel equipment????

Does the GBP provide snorkeling equipment for the beach?? or should i just bring my own..like snorkel and goggles.. nothing fancy... and i think i read somewhere that Akumal beach will let u rent??

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

Costco has pretty decent sets for a reasonable price.

We took our own to Akumal but had to rent for some in our party. Quality of the equipment wasn't that great.

We bought ours a few years ago and have gotten a lot of use out of them. Worth the price. My husband even has prescription goggles which he loves.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

If you decide to rent, bring a lots of rubbing alcohol for cleaning. I prefer to have my own mask.

To complete the snorkeling experience try the Vivitar 6200W 6 MP waterproof digital camera. They are about $120, have a flash and works great. They are great for the beach, pool and water park all year.

Pauline

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

Sand

"Plus, if it's red flagged, they won't let you take the equipment out."

What does that mean? I haven't been through Mexico's custom before.

Thanks

Pauline

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
137 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

A red flag is what the resort will put up on the beach...meaning that they think the water is too rough to be in.. white means swim red mean no

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

The flag system is to tell you the conditions of the water. If it is red they will not sign out any of the water equipment, you can still swim, they just tell you to be cautious.

We swim all the time when the flag is red, they just want you to know the water is rough.

I hope this helps.

Hemet, California
Level Contributor
5,883 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

I was thinking about red card when going through custom. Two different things.

Thanks

17. Re: Bring your own snorkel equipment????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 24, 2009