We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahia Akumal - May

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC
11 posts
Save Topic
Bahia Akumal - May

I am booking for two weeks in May and currently we can fly out of Vancouver Canada $1697 per person for Akumal -- $3980 taxes/air/hotel for two. Should I wait longer and maybe the price will drop a bit more or does anyone know if this is about as low as it goes for this time of year. Right now Coba is more $ but I am thinking that it should drop soon also? Thanks for any advice/help!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

I would definetly wait till inside of three weeks to book. You should be able to save at least $500 more on that price.

BC
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

Thank you - I appreciate the advice. I start to worry thinking I will wait to long or book to soon and miss the best deal!

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
755 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

You have to be careful that your flight might sell out. Ours sold out 3 weeks ago and I am not going until April 14th. Now it is connecting flights both ways. Your travel agent should be able to see how many seats are on the plane. I have waited up until 2 weeks before though and got great prices!

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

actually that is very good advice to check with your travel agent about how many seats are still available. i would get him or her to check every couple of days until it is down to 15 or 20 seats left, you might save another couple of hundred.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

I agree with Skier that sounds high. I paid about $500.00 less for mid April. The price has bounced between $997.00 and $1600.00 [plus taxes] for the last 2 months. This is from Calgary.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

Definitely speak to your TA and have him/her advise you when the seat situation is getting smaller. It's the flight you have to worry about and definitely would want a direct flight. Good luck and it is a beautiful resort, you will love it.

BC
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

Team Canada, you have seen two weeks for $997 out of Calgary? Let me know who are you seeing these prices with? Thanks

8. Re: Bahia Akumal - May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, September 23, 2009