We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

email

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
quispamsis new...
Level Contributor
110 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
email

skier i think i pm you for the Tulum email looking to make a request

Mentioned in this post
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Ontario Can.
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: email

Skier will reply with the email. If you want to include your email I believe he will also send along a copy of the resort map.Hope I am not over stepping my boundries Skier.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: email

So... question on the email address thing. Would it be acceptable to use Gailbees suggestion and post the email address using 'AT' instead of @. Would this be accceptable to all? Would avoid the spammer thing right? and still make the address available to the forum users.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: email

that would work

Tulum

Guestservicebptul(at)bahia-principe.com

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: email

Cool & Groovy.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: email

Skier can you explain to me the @ thingy, as you know I am not very computer savvy. The reason I am asking is that on other sites and forums on this board as well, they give out the whole address and I have told them what can happen, but would like to "quote" you (no names, of course) so to speak about the dangers of putting out those email addresses. PM me when you have time please as I agree with you about filling up email with spam.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: email

There are spam bots (little programs) that search the net looking for e-mail addresses. They locate the @ symbol on a web page and record the addresses. Then put that address on an e-mailing list and flood the inboxes with advertisments for everything. Most spam filters will pick this up, but legitimate addresses get filtered as well, thus making it hard to do bussiness. I just checked my spam box today, I have 347 e-mails in there. I have to carefully delete them as some real legitimate e-mail gets caught in there as well. For example when a bussiness that you actually want to hear from , you must unblock that address.

It would be a shame for a potential guests e-mail for room requests to fall vitim to the hotels spam blocker, thats why I ask not to publish the full e-mail address.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: email

Thanks very much Skier I will definitely put the word out and you are right, it would be a shame for their requests not to get to their appropriate file.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: email

For awhile I had posted my email address on this forum (way back in my newbie days!)

I work at a company with excellent spam filters. But some of the junk mail that was still getting thru was nasty, nasty, nasty. They wanted to sell me all kinds of stuff - and there is always the possibility that some of them could have contained viruses that could have damaged my companies' network if I had opened them (I never open anything I can't recognize).

I asked to have my posts containing my email address deleted, and those junk emails have stopped completely. So, I'm a believer.

quispamsis new...
Level Contributor
110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: email

thanks skier i was away for the weekend just emailed the resort

quispamsis new...
Level Contributor
110 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: email

thanks all for the reply just got a reply from the resort they are going to try to look after us. 6 days