We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sail/Fish cruise

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Poplar, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Sail/Fish cruise

Hello.

We are thinking of doing the Robinson Crusoe Sail and Fish Cruise out of the Akumal Dive Shop. Any body done it before? I guess we have to make our reservations now for next week.

Thanks.

Chilly

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sail/Fish cruise

You can reserve when you get there if you want. Then you have more flexibility.

Poplar, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
282 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sail/Fish cruise

I hear it's pretty windy most of the time, that might be kind of a rush. I'm not sure if they mean fish from the boat or from the shore of the private beach they sail to. Sounds like a ton of fun.

MI
Level Contributor
515 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sail/Fish cruise

We did this excursion a couple of years ago and it was great. The fishing is done off the catamaran on the way to the beach. It's not serious fishing, though.

The lunch that they provide is THE best. Wonderful grilled fish, fresh ceviche, and guac. All in all, it was a thoroughly wonderful way to spend a day. If you have any energy left when you're done, you can stay and enjoy akumal's beach and Lol-ha when you're done.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
40,794 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sail/Fish cruise

Did the Cruise last Xmas 06. A blast.

It now goes to the little bay south of BPA (Chetumyl)

It you have a large group (4+) it may be best to reserve ahead as this is a busy time in Akumal

PM me if you want me to send you a trip report

5. Re: Sail/Fish cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, September 23, 2009