We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bud Light

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bud Light

I've got a member of our party that is very selective in the beer he drinks. He primarily sticks with Bud Light regardless of where we are...I don't think he's going to go for Coronas or Dos Equis, or fruity mixed drinks. Does anyone know if they sell Bud Light in the area around the GBP???

I know what you're thinking...when in Rome...or Mexico in this case...drink Dos Equis and like it.

Maybe I'll just get him a 120 oz. Bubba Keg...and hopefully he won't notice them puting mexican beer into it...

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bud Light

Good luck with that.

Hopefully he'll find something else he likes. If not, maybe he won't complain TOO much. You'd hate to have everyone else's vacation ruined!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bud Light

Bud Lite, just get him a glass of water, he won't notice the difference, lol

But seriously, I think the Walmart in PDC sells some American beers.

I hope this helps.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bud Light

I agree on the water idea...but to each his own. And the Bubba Keg reference was for you Skier. There will be no Bubba Keg. Maybe instead of the Corona or Budweiser swimming trunks you see everywhere, I can find Bubba Keg trunks. I don't think he'll complain too much...but I'd hate for him to spend tons of money to come down for our wedding, then be miserable the whole time because he can't find "his" beer anywhere. Maybe I can get him turned on to margaritas.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bud Light

So, if he has a private transfer, he could have the guy stop at the WalMart, load up on 3-4 cases of Bud Light, and then just carry that into the resort with him.....

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bud Light

The margaritas are excellent! Fresh lime juice.... No sugar unless you ask for it, I like mine with just a touch of sweetness....

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bud Light

Just being there on the beach makes any drink worth drinking...I can't wait.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bud Light

jbw3rd:

I kind of thought so. lol

I lost that battle a long time ago. I even bought myself one. Now I own 2. I was given a 60oz Bubba last November. Thinking of just bringing just that and what ever clothes I can get inside it.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bud Light

I agree with the part about them coming to your wedding and wanting to make sure they have a good time. Since they're putting themselves out there to travel, you feel as if you're a little responsible for making sure they have a good time.... If he truly isn't happy drinking anything else, take a couple of hours, cab it to the WalMart, grab his beer, and make him happy.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bud Light

Skier,the lime green speedo fit just perfect! What else do you need ?

Mrs. Alt

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,283 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bud Light

lol!