We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
michigan
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

JUST curious if theres any teen discos or dancing for our teenagers that cannot get into the disco.

other than the shows at night, what else is there for them to do?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

great question myboat... I'd be interested in the same info - Hubby, myself and 15 and 14 yr old teen boys will be there Feb 11 to 18. If there's nothing "organized", we may have to schedule a "play date" for them. OMG... they would be mortified if they knew I had just written that!! LOL!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

After the pools close down and you have had dinner, there is not much for them to do. Its one of the reasons I do not recommend this place for teens. Seems to be lots to do in the evening (mini club) for the younger ones but not a lot for teens.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

I have never been to this resort(going in March), but have been to many other resorts over the past 14 years with my kids. We will be going with my 15 year old this trip. My other two are in college. Anyway, we never had a problem with boredom. There are always many activities during the day that by night time and after the evening show, we were ready for bed. One thing I would suggest is to bring a deck of cards. Also, we always bring UNO. My kids would always play before dinner in the lobby while hubby and I would have some alone time and have a before dinner drink in the lobby bar.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

My kids never had a problem finding other kids their age at the Bahia. As long as they're willing to talk to other kids, they'll be fine. If they won't introduce themselves, maybe you can introduce yourselves to the parents and maybe the kids will follow suit? I don't know which section you're staying in, but the Akumal lobby bar plays music videos or a movie in the evening before the show (sometimes they're lame, sometimes not; I think we saw the Spiderman movie, and a mix of older and newer music videos during our week). You'll also find several "game tables" there, but they don't have much for games so we always bring our own cards & travel-sized games.

Winsted, Connecticut
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

is there an arcade type place?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

No arcades.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

How about ping-pong/table tennis?

Do they have volleyball on the beach?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

Lots of activities during the day by the pool, ping pong and volleyball included.

They have six tenis courts as well, they are open in the evening and the day.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

awesome!

How about bocce ball?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: GBP-14-16 year olds/activitys

Do they have tennis rackets to borrow or do you have to bring your own?