We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Requests

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Edmonton
3 posts
Save Topic
Room Requests

I will be going to the GBP Coba fron Jan28th to Feb4th.with my wife and 2 boys (14&16)and 2 other families.We e-mailed Jorge Garcia with some Question and did not receive a reply .Does anyone know if he is still the one to contact?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Requests

Jorge is a contact at the Coba. The resort is full to capacity at the moment and you can imagine the e-mail requests they get from over 2000 rooms that change every 7 days. Thats 14,000 every month, if every one was to e-mail. We e-mailed one year and did not receive a response but when we got to the resort they said they had received our e-mail and everything was taken care of.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,315 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Requests

Here's an FYI - I just had an email from Nicki in the Tulum section - Ivan Ortiz is no longer with the Akumal side of the resort, now there's two guys named Marco and Gustavo in that section.

It figures. First it was Christopher Gill, then he left. Then Ivan, and he left..... I can't keep up. So this next time around, in April, we'll have to meet new Guest Service Managers.... I hope we like them. (And, I hope THEY like US!)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Requests

We dealt with Marco Gonzalaz this trip and he was really great. He was just training the other new Guest Service Manager when we were there. They both were great.

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Requests

So sorry to here Ivan left, he sought our group out when we were there last April and then a few times at dinner, such a shame, great guy.

5. Re: Room Requests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, September 17, 2009