We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bellevue, Iowa
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

There will be young couples early 20s going and we are trying to pick a good resort at a good price. This is one that stood out. I know this resort is new, so I have a few questions.

1.) Are all the restaraunts open for business now? Even the a la cartes. Are there only 4 open at a time or how does that work? I read one post and that is what I got from it anyhow.

2.) Are there any bars that you can sit around? I know this sounds like a stupid questions, but my boyfriend likes to be able to sit around a bar.

3.) Is the spa open for business now?

4.) What do they mean when they say the Riviera side of the resort?

5.) Is there a lot of construction still going on at the resort?

6.) Is there a frig in your room that gets filled everyday with beer, pop, and water?

Is there anything else I should know?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

halifax
Level Contributor
248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

1/ All restaruants are open for business. If you are staying for 1 week you get to make reservations at 4 of them. There is also a french gormet restaurant not included, which cost $35USD per person.

2/ You can sit at the bar in the main lobbies, this is where most people hang out and drink before and after the shows. There is also a bar in the theatre, as well as a waitress who can serve you drinks during the show. Your boyfriend can also sit at the swim up pool bar all day long if he wants!

3/ I didn't use the spa facailities, but as far as I know it is opened. There is a card in your room with all of the services offered there with the prices. It is located in the main lobby building.

4/ There are two sides of the resort Mayan Beach and also Riviera Maya. Both sides are pretty much identical to each other, just on opposite sides of the resort. You can go to both sides and use all facilites regardless what side you are staying on.

5/ We just went down Dec 2 - 9th, and there was a little bit of construction going on, but nothing signifcant that would take away from your vacation.

6/ Fridge is filled every day with Sprite, Coke, Beer, Mineral Water, Water, plus there is a big jug of water next to the fridge.

My reivew just got posted today it is under Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach titled " Really nice, very relaxing". You may want to read it to get a few more tips, also there are a few pictures.

If you have snorkle gear bring your own. Also, take the collectivo if you are leaving the resort. This is very cheap and will take you where you want to go. Hope this helps.

Bellevue, Iowa
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Thank you very much. Your post was very helpful and I think this is the resort we are going to pick.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Hi,

We went in august and absolutely loved the grand sirenis; I have my review posted now.

The grand sirenis is wonderful, extremely classy, and in a word fabulous.

The rooms are fabulous, the bars are great a huge gorgeous lobby area, with a big bar, and masses of fabulous comfy chairs, with waitress service. The waitress service is awesome!

There are also plenty of seats at the bar where you can also sit.

The mini bar is re stocked daily. The food is great; the steak house is the best-fantastic!

The spa is open, I did go to the hair salon, however it is not so much a spa, but a small shop. It is not owned or operated by the hotel. The staffs speak no English.

However the massage on the beach was simply wonderful!

Just beware of the jeweller’s lapis. They have a store in hotel, and also a huge factory shop about 10 minutes form the hotel, this company are liars and cheats, they sell things that are not what they are! It is all in my review!

Hope this helps.

Any more questions email me at

carolalandacoop@yahoo.co.uk

edinburgh
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Oops sorry I forgot, there is know construction, and the grounds are immaculate.

Bellevue, Iowa
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Can you tell me about how much the spa services are? We were thinking about a couples message. I it more expensive if you do it on the beach?

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

We were just there last week; there was a bit of construction going on near the lobby/theater area; but no noise to distract. The rooms are located far enough away from all that, you would never hear any noise at all.

There was a spa near the beach where you could get massages; I don't recall the prices but maybe it would list it on their web site?

There is a bar in each of the 2 lobbies; the Mezcal and the Tequila bar. Here they offer premium liquors so you can get margaritas made with Sauza gold, or Barcardi rum drinks instead of Oro (which is used at teh beach bars), as well as Smirnoff vodka. If you ask for premium liquor at the beach bars and they happen to have it they will give it to you.

You can't go wrong in my opinion! The only real down side is that you have to walk alot! So if you have trouble walking you might want to choose somewhere else. They do however have shuttles that will come give you a ride to wherever you want to go, if you don't see one just call and request it.

Starz

vancouver
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

We were there 2nd week of December 2007. We had a great time.

Pretty much echo what others here have said, it's absolutely beautiful. There is also the disco that opens every night around 10:30 but doesn't really get going til 11:30 - 12, when people start leaving the lobby bars.

I actually came across this forum while looking for info on the Lapis Jewelry stores at the resort (specifically the store just down the main driveway in the little mini mall.)We bought a bracelet at this store, with the pricing in pesos, made sure to confirm this because no way we would had bought it if price was USD. Just got our credit card statement and guess what... price was in fact in USD. Wow did we get totally ripped off!!!

The ONLY thing we used a credit card for other then our excursions booked through our travel rep at the hotel. What a mistake!!!

Paid cash for everything else we bought, souvenirs etc. Some of the other little shops in the mini mall seemed a little fly by night, but this seemed like a reputable business.

Be very careful, this was a very expensive lesson.

Thanks to Aladacoop for the post, hopefully we can prevent others from being ripped off.

Please do keep in mind that this in no way has anything to do with Grand Sirenis. It really is a great resort and we will definitely go back!

YYZ
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Just got back from the GS RM side from Dec24 to Dec31st..

Will echo what everyone has been saying so far about the hotel..Its immaculate and very large...

The Riveria side is probably a little closer to the beach and main lobby facilities/restaurants...While the Mayan side is a further walk, but closer to the Disco...EAch side has its own activities pool...The RM has a coffee shop near its pool, while the Mayan side has the ice cream bar...

The closing to the beach would be the RM in block 1900 buildings(Yun Chac)...there you can literally step off your room door and walk on the sandy beach...other buildings there will be quite a walk..

My wife and i had a great time there, enjoyed the hotel, services, resturants, excursions.....

The only downfault with our trip, and its not the hotel's fault..is that this is a big hotel with lots of guests when at full capacity like the week we were there..As such there were lots of big families there(15-20 people in their group) who seem to like to hog and take over the loungers in the beach. and talk VERY loud even when they are next to each other...There was one family that just came up behind our Palapas and started to edge over into our space..Got to the point that they were like less than 2 feet behind my lounger and well within the covered hut....

Gets very annoying when we are trying to relax and suntan while they are yelling and screaming right over my ears..

9. Re: Questioins on the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, September 16, 2009