We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What happens on New Year's Eve?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Bancroft, SD
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What happens on New Year's Eve?

My husband and I along with our son and daughter-in-law will be at the GORM on New Year's Eve. Any ideas what will go on? Should we be prepared to dress up?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What happens on New Year's Eve?

I understand that on New Years eve at midnight a new year starts, lol

I crack me up!!

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What happens on New Year's Eve?

Hi MW2004...just a question but what does GORM stand for? Sorry if this is a dumb question!

Have you researched this particular resort's feedback on past posts dated around the time of New Years for previous years?

Vegasvirgin27

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What happens on New Year's Eve?

Grand Oasis Riviera Maya

Colorado
Level Contributor
282 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What happens on New Year's Eve?

Most all-inclusives have a beautiful party wihere they pull out all the stops on both Christmas Eve and New Year's. Severl years ago, I used to go to GORM before it was "Grand" (Just Oasis Akumal) and they had a very nice dress-up dinner. I've found people in a very wide variety of clothing at these events, so don't feel compelled to go buy a new dress (well, on second thought, you could use it as an excuse...LOL).

We have been going to the ABR at this time of year every year for the last 5-6 years (both Christmas Eve dinner and New year's) and they really put out a beautiful spread. Lobster, shrimp, beef tenderloin, etc...appetizers and drinks by the pool, etc. It is very lovely, and the workers work very hard to put on such a shindig. So, it's usually appetizers, sit-down dinner and then some kind of disco or dancing until the wee hours. ABR has a bonfire on the beach and they set up a fire show and disco right on the water. Very lovely. I'm sure the GORM will do something similar. ENJOY!

5. Re: What happens on New Year's Eve?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 13, 2009