We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Akumal

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
339 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Akumal

We are staying in Playa and will do our usual collectivo to Tulum for a beach day.....I have seen the Akumal arches when the collectivo stops for others. Is this where we would get off to visit the bay? Is it worth trying something new from "on our own" beach and Dom Cafetos in Tulum? At the arches we enter and walk right to town? Thanks in advance for any tips

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Akumal

The arches are on the beach side, it is about 1 km into the beach from the road. The town is on the opposite side of the road and there is not much there to visit.

New York
Level Contributor
339 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Akumal

So where is this Half Moon Bay there is always talk of?! Lol Hah? Lucys? Where would we get off the highway to get to the beach to spend the day and have lunch?

New York
Level Contributor
339 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Akumal

I think travelyucatan just answered all my questions........

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Akumal

The Lol-Ha is on Akumal bay, in from the arches, half Moon bay, is one bay over and has mostly condos on it.

5. Re: Day trip to Akumal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 10, 2009