We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Vancouver
4 posts
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

I have read many great reviews of the resort, but have seen no mention of a Kid's Club. We are in our 40's travelling with 3 kids ages 7, 10 and 11 and grandparents in their 60's. Is there enough to keep the kids busy and yet keep some peaceful time for the older folks.

Thanks!!

England
Level Contributor
256 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

In relation to kids under 4 and the kids club. They are welcome to use the facilities but will need to be accompanied by an adult.

Alternatively the Hotel runs a babysitting service, for 10 USD/hour, if you wish to leave them - either during the day or on an evening for however long you may wish.

My son, 3 1/2, loved the kids club, although one of us stayed with him each time. I think there is a pretty good range of things for them to do and gives a bit of variety from spending all day at the pool/beach.

I think the clubs are great for younger kids but agree the older one's might not be to keen.

montreal quebec
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

Well, there are alot of different opinions on this topic. I am a mother of 3 great children and also a child educator , both for many years.

Our children were not always happy when being dumped off at a kids club for a couple of hours but my husband and I did it . And it didn't kill the children at all. They appreciate you more ( ha ha )

When you don't have grandma or grandpa to babysit your kids it is less stressful to take them along on vaction with you than trying to hirer at home babysitting.

Who knows what 's going on at home for a whole week !!!!!

Kids clubs are never like at home but every couple needs time out too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like to make sure the kids are happy and my husband too.

Really tough being a modern cavewife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

It always amazes me how judgemental some people can be when people mention a sitter for an evening out or leaving kids at the kids club for a couple of hours. It's your vacation, do what works best for you and your family.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

Mrs. Alt tried to drop me off at the Kid's Club a couple of times but they wouldn't take me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

I'm totally amazed myself, how dare everyone have a different opinion, I'm totally amazed, lol

I crack me up!!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

alterry - you would have been a wonderful addition - I can't understand why they didn't want you?

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

Actually skier....

I'm surprised you didn't get totally flamed for giving such a one-sided opinion.

Coba, Mexico
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

I think the question that should be asked here, and it is non judgemental, is:

If you leave your children alone in a third world country with someone you've never met before, just for a couple of hours so YOU can have some "alone" time, and something seriously happened to them. could you forgive yourself?

29. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Coba Kid's Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 25, 2009