We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July at the GBP

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
July at the GBP

HI everybody

Just a few questions i was hoping you could help me with.

Will it be fully booked in July? Or do you think it will be quite quiet? Is is possible to go to Cancun for the day from this resort?

What will the weathr be like? I heard its hurricane season from June - September

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July at the GBP

It generally does get busy in the summer, but the Bahia tends to be booked most times of the year. To me it never seems busy because it is so spread out. What side are you looking at staying in?

Cancun can be done, but have heard people say it wasn't really worth the day trip...another large city with all the trimmings, no real Mexican feel to it anymore. But hey, it's your holiday, do whatever you want. There are so many other things you can do as well.

Weather this past year was very nice or so I heard, but yes it is the hurricane season and anything can happen. But people have said on this forum that they have been in July, August and September and never had a problem. It's the luck of the draw I suppose.

It is an awesome resort and you will love it there.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July at the GBP

I dont know what side we will be at. We booked with First Choice (british travel agent) they said most of their guests tend to be put at the Coba. We upgraded our room to a junior suite and i am lead to believe that the Coba is all junior suites.

I do quite fancy going into Cancun and Playa Del Carman just for shopping trips, lunch and a few afternoon drinks ;-)

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July at the GBP

Playa del Carmen is amazing, we go in a few times when we are there. I love sitting at the little bars along the way and people watch.

4. Re: July at the GBP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 13, 2009