We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Webcam appears to be down now...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Topic
Webcam appears to be down now...

What the heck did Skier do...did he show off his thong (hehehehehe). I am not getting the webcam, are the rest of you seeing it?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

nothing here too... sniff.........

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

I got this on logogringos forum, good news! :

The webcam is being upgraded with a new IR filter to get rid of the black lines, and we are installing a new weather station to report Akumal beach temperature, humidity and pressure.

We should be 100% functional by tomorrow

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

Saw it this morning..now it's a black screen....

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

Thank you so much for the info.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

update :

Eric just found out he IR filter is glued to the CCD inside the camera. Apparently this was done on early models. Since we had one of the first of this type of camera/lens combinations, this is the case. We are getting a heat gun to remove it. This is a bit like camera brain surgery and StarDot is giving good tech support. Eric of akucomp, who does gret tech work for Locogringo is the surgeon. We hope it will be running again manana.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
160 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

Thanks for the info!...I think I'm begining to shake not getting my daily cam fix in..LOL.

7. Re: Webcam appears to be down now...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 13, 2009