We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gym Facilities at Tulum

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Akumal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterdown,On
12 posts
Save Topic
Gym Facilities at Tulum

I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere on this form but I'm going to ask again. What are the gym facilites like at Tulum is there a gym for each section of the resort?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

Yes the tulum side has a gym and yes all three hotels have individual gyms.

calgary
Level Contributor
279 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

Chris, I used the gym several times at Tulum and I'd say they are ok for a resort anyway. As for Cardio, there are a few bikes and elypticals, in pretty good shape too. The dumbells go up to 75 or 80 pounds I think, but they are understandably rusty and old but do the trick. There is a smith machine, seated leg press, chinup/tricep dip apparatus, and a small Universal gym-type thingy for seated bench-press, leg extensions, tricep pushdowns etc. There are also mats, balls, I think a punching bag as well as a water cooler with filtered water and also towels. The staff member in there was great, said welcome back each time I saw him. I heard that Akumal is similar but that Coba gym is the best cause it's newer. I hope this helps.

Waterdown,On
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

Thanks Auyeah

I like to try and justify all the food and alcohol consumption with a few runs and workouts through the week!!

Cardiff South Wales...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

I just got back from 14 night stay at Akumal, and I visited the gym a grand total of 1 time.

Facilities were not bad for a hotel gym, pretty much similar to the description of the Akumal gym, with maybe slightly newer equipment. My only gripe was that the dumbells maxed out at about 25kg, so no good for shoulder or bench pressing if you wanted to go a bit heavier (buth they weren't rusty at least, pretty new actually). But apart from that no complaints at all, very clean and nice atmosphere.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
255 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

I'm not sure if I will even use it, but can you use the Coba gym if you are staying in Akumal or Tulum sections??

thanks!

Ap.

calgary
Level Contributor
279 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

Yes, you can use ANY of the facilities from ANY of the sections except those in the special upgradded sections like the Golden Club or Club Diamond etc.

7. Re: Gym Facilities at Tulum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 12, 2009