We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

google earth

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
google earth

was on google earth again last nite after reading the question about grand sirenis-yal ku distances. it gives a GREAT view of the area.... the bahia (so people can guage size, which buildings are closer to beach, etc), akumal bay (you see just how close it really is to the bahia), etc. i swear if you zoom in, you can see the turtles swimming :))

for those going, and for those who have questions about distance, etc., it's really worth taking a boo.....

Terre Haute, IN
Level Contributor
305 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: google earth

You're right, that's a great program. We discovered it right before we left for our trip and I couldn't believe the view.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,869 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: google earth

it is indeed a great program, wish it was updated all the time though.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: google earth

Kniggets,

What search term did you use on Googlearth. I have tried witout success.

Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: google earth

alterry, it's earth.google.com - you have to download something and install it - hopefully, your graphics card will support it - it really is very cool. my son loves looking at all the major landmarks across the globe. the sydney opera house is really impressive from space........ i like to look at resorts ;)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: google earth

Hi Kniggets,

What I meant was words do you put into the search box ?

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: google earth

We were on google earth on Thanksgiving weekend and looked at our house and it has not been updated in a couple of years...not sure how fast they update other things, but the same cars, landscaping, etc. is still there...very strange, but it has not been updated in a very long time in my area.

7. Re: google earth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 12, 2009