We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

HI! We read on a trip review of someone who hired a private driver in a Chevy Malibu to take them from the Cancun airport to Akumal Beach Resort....we haven't been able to find this service on any sites yet. Does anyone know where we can find it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! We leave June 2, by the way, so coming up here pretty quickly! Yeah!

LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

We just returned from Akumal Beach Resort on Thursday... We used Cancun Valet, were very satisfied with the service and will use them again...

www.CANCUNVALET.com

BTW, we loved ABR and are already planning our return trip!

Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

Liz,

That is exactly what we were looking for! Thank you! I can't believe you can get a private van all the way to Akumal for that price...awesome! We are sooo excited to leave...are you posting a trip report? I love to hear about the resort---it sounds wonderful! Thanks again for the info--Kiki

LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

KiKi... I'm sure I'll eventually get around to a trip report but you'll probably be back and doing your own by then...

We were really very pleased with ABR and as I said, we're planing another trip there in November... We'd become very tired of the glitz and glamour of the resorts we've been visiting... And they're only building them bigger and shinier!

As long as you know what you're getting into, I'm sure you won't be disappointed... Anyone going to ABR for the first time should do their homework first... I have to say the worst complaint I had was the lack of cold meat and cheese at lunch, they were only available at breakfast... So, how big a problem is that??...

Have a great time... LIZ

Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

LIZ,

We were originally booked at Secrets Capri, but kept reading the ocean wasn't great for snorkeling and swimming in front of the resort, and decided that was the most important thing to us--more so than fancy restraunts and rooms. Once we cancelled with Secrets and booked with Akumal, we haven't regretted it once. All the reviews have been soooo positive about ABR, plus, it is costing us less than half as much! We figure we can go out to eat at some nice restraunts a few times and do more with the money we are saving....and we can't WAIT for the beach and snorkeling! AND....we are sooo much closer to Tulum and Xel-Ha, the two things we really wanted to do while we were down there. Like I said, we haven't had any second thoughts as to whether we made the right decision. It took us a while to figure it out though :) Thanks for the info! Oh---what room and section were you in? We are booked for Superior...do you think it is better to be on ground floor or would it be better up higher? Thanks again! KIKI

LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

Hi KiKi... This site has lots of good dining info in Akumal...

http://www.akumalvacations.com/dining.html

We only went into PDC once, to have tacos at La Foresta, everything we wanted was in Akumal...

We were in building 6 which is a superior... I have a slight mobility problem and always try to be on the 1st floor... Amazingly, we still had a sea view from our room (609)... It was a handicap room, which we really don't need, but the bathroom was much bigger...

Avoid the 1st floor in building 5 tho, it's sort of in a recessed area behind the pool...

BTW, we went to our TA today and booked ABR for November!!!

Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

Wow Liz,

Thanks for the sight! I was under the impression that there was maybe two restraunts in Akumal, I didn't realize it was so accomodating. That's great to hear! And thanks for the room advice--I've been emailing the resort asking for certain rooms, but never get a response. I know we'll be in the newer section, and we'll have a great time wherever our room is. I'm so jealous you get to go twice this year! This is our first seven day vacation in six years, maybe longer. We are stoked, to say the least. Thanks again for the info!

LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

Have the BEST time!!

I'll look forward to hearing your take on ABR...

san diego, ca
Level Contributor
1,763 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

ditto on the cancunvalet.com recommendation. we've used them 4 times and they are so pleasant and reliable..

Ivins, UT
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommendations for private transfers to Akumal???

I'm bummed---my hubby already booked our transfers on bestday. He didn't know that I had posted this thread. Thanks for the Cancun Valet advice, though. Sounds like they would of been perfect. We leave in two days! I can't believe the day is almost here!